Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dh won't let me bathe our dd

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He believes it is safer of we both bathe her. And is afraid that I'd he is not there, an accident will happen. (she will get burned by the water, will drown, or just get water in her mouth. Lots of other crazy things) I understood at first, but now she is 6 months old, and he still doesn't like the idea. I have a dd from before him, and I bathed her alone and she is alive, and fine. I just don't know how long this is going to go on. He is afraid of anything happening and her getting hurt. And he gets angry with me if something happens to her. I know i could shower her by myself, but he wants us to do it together, because its safer. I am okay with that, but he works so much. He leaves at 5:30 am comes back at 6:30 pm, somethings takes a nap, or had to leave to go handle other things or his errands. When are we supposed to shower get?

Edit

He is not a creep, his is very over protective, over her and me and my other daughter. I want to know how to help him efeet over it, so I can be her mom.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
leanntx
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Is she his first child? If so, he's just being overprotective. You need to sit down and talk to him about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Lol, my s/o, while over protective of our DD still isn't that bad. Our DD is his first child, but my third. I got all the crazy shit out of the way when my oldest was born almost 8 years ago. I just try to keep my patience with him, and recall how over protective I was too.
lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM

thats kind of sweet that he worries about her and kind of annoying lol. have you given him a reason to worry? like leaving her in the tub and leaving the room.i would set a time that you are going to bathe her everyday like 7pm and stick to it, if he wants to be there when you bathe her he can get up from sleeping or be home then. if he isnt there on time that wash her without him. its just first baby worries, i'm like that too with my son,

brittanyjenean
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Honestly, I would have smacked DH by now and would have told him to get a grip. Sounds like you two need to have a serious talk.
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

That's just kind of weight to me. Why is he so obsessive? My husband was scared to bathe our girls at first lol. I had to do basically everything with out first and I was never even around kids before I had her, he was. Different when they're your own, I guess?

nancym3
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Weird... I would bathe her anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM
He does trust me, he is just over protective. Ours with allot of stuff. And I am at home with them all day everyday, I change her diapers, feed her, put on her clothes, put her down to nap. Everything, and I have never done anything wrong to her.

Quoting _ClearFruit_:

So basically he doesn't trust you. You've must of did something he didn't like for him to act this way
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Wow, I would be more upset about the fact that he doesn't trust you. Did something happen to him during a bath that has made him have issues?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Was he in a relationship before you ? What is his history ? Is he an only child ? Did he witness something in the past that makes him worry now ?

In my dh's past he was living with girlfriends who didn't handle their finances well. In addition to this in his family his Mom controlled all the finances and his dad just handed all the money he earned to her on pay day. But unlike his girlfriends, his mom was very good with money, but was also very very tight with it.

I think this is the reason he won't let me touch money, he thinks either I'll be careless (like past girlfriends) or get a hold of it and never let him touch it ( like his mom) So he doesn't trust me at all.

Maybe something happened in his past to make him this way ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM
It its his first baby. He says he just wants her to be safe. He doesn't want anything bad to happen to her.

Quoting leanntx:

Is she his first child? If so, he's just being overprotective. You need to sit down and talk to him about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)