Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dh won't let me bathe our dd

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He believes it is safer of we both bathe her. And is afraid that I'd he is not there, an accident will happen. (she will get burned by the water, will drown, or just get water in her mouth. Lots of other crazy things) I understood at first, but now she is 6 months old, and he still doesn't like the idea. I have a dd from before him, and I bathed her alone and she is alive, and fine. I just don't know how long this is going to go on. He is afraid of anything happening and her getting hurt. And he gets angry with me if something happens to her. I know i could shower her by myself, but he wants us to do it together, because its safer. I am okay with that, but he works so much. He leaves at 5:30 am comes back at 6:30 pm, somethings takes a nap, or had to leave to go handle other things or his errands. When are we supposed to shower get?

Edit

He is not a creep, his is very over protective, over her and me and my other daughter. I want to know how to help him efeet over it, so I can be her mom.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Replies (21-30):
Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I feel like there's got to be more here than what you are sharing.  Did something specific happen to make him this paranoid?  Is he a control freak in every aspect of your relationship or just this one?  Do you have some sort of medical condition that makes him think you can't safely bathe her yourself?

EvaTheDiva29
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM

sigh

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I have never left her, and he knows I could do it alone, but he just feels its safer.

Quoting lovelife350:

thats kind of sweet that he worries about her and kind of annoying lol. have you given him a reason to worry? like leaving her in the tub and leaving the room.i would set a time that you are going to bathe her everyday like 7pm and stick to it, if he wants to be there when you bathe her he can get up from sleeping or be home then. if he isnt there on time that wash her without him. its just first baby worries, i'm like that too with my son,

armstrong7984
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

thats just strang and absurd. Sorry my husband could never tell me what i can or cannot do with my child. Your hubby sounds like he doesnt trust you or hes just super controlling.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM

That is kind of odd......  He's going to need to lighten up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Has he been watching the news too much so now he's worried ?

Did you admit to or have the baby blues and he's over reacting to that ?

EvaTheDiva29
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM

buy hims a roll of bubble wrap for her, and tell him to have at it. when he looks at you funny, tell him to get a fucking grip, or peace out. good gawd. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It its his first baby. He says he just wants her to be safe. He doesn't want anything bad to happen to her.

Quoting leanntx:

Is she his first child? If so, he's just being overprotective. You need to sit down and talk to him about it.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Are you epileptic? A narcoleptic?  If you have nothing that would cause you to not watch your dd 100% then he's just being really weird.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I know his mom did not take very good care of him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was he in a relationship before you ? What is his history ? Is he an only child ? Did he witness something in the past that makes him worry now ?

In my dh's past he was living with girlfriends who didn't handle their finances well. In addition to this in his family his Mom controlled all the finances and his dad just handed all the money he earned to her on pay day. But unlike his girlfriends, his mom was very good with money, but was also very very tight with it.

I think this is the reason he won't let me touch money, he thinks either I'll be careless (like past girlfriends) or get a hold of it and never let him touch it ( like his mom) So he doesn't trust me at all.

Maybe something happened in his past to make him this way ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Wow!!!

This sounds so weird

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)