Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dh won't let me bathe our dd

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He believes it is safer of we both bathe her. And is afraid that I'd he is not there, an accident will happen. (she will get burned by the water, will drown, or just get water in her mouth. Lots of other crazy things) I understood at first, but now she is 6 months old, and he still doesn't like the idea. I have a dd from before him, and I bathed her alone and she is alive, and fine. I just don't know how long this is going to go on. He is afraid of anything happening and her getting hurt. And he gets angry with me if something happens to her. I know i could shower her by myself, but he wants us to do it together, because its safer. I am okay with that, but he works so much. He leaves at 5:30 am comes back at 6:30 pm, somethings takes a nap, or had to leave to go handle other things or his errands. When are we supposed to shower get?

Edit

He is not a creep, his is very over protective, over her and me and my other daughter. I want to know how to help him efeet over it, so I can be her mom.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
singlemom1208
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM

That's so weird...

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM

That is REALLY strange!

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM

WTF is wrong with him???

Firenygirl180
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM

The first month was the only time I felt uneasy about bathing DS on my own.  After that I washed him when he needed it.  

If she can sit on her own then you really should be fine.  

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM
This. I think he's being really overprotective. Or maybe something has happened in his past. Has he lost a younger sibling? A friend who died? Etc...

Talk to him. And I would bathe my child anyway. Who has time to wait around?

Quoting leanntx:

Is she his first child? If so, he's just being overprotective. You need to sit down and talk to him about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaLub
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I would take him to a therapist. Something obviously caused this. He needs to address it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Controlling behavior, I wouldn't put up with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Nothing has happened. He knows I could do it by myself, but says its safer to do it together. He likes doing things his way with her, and says " I've taken care of babies before you don't need to tell me how to do it. (he took care if his brothers)

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

I feel like there's got to be more here than what you are sharing.  Did something specific happen to make him this paranoid?  Is he a control freak in every aspect of your relationship or just this one?  Do you have some sort of medical condition that makes him think you can't safely bathe her yourself?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I don't know where all you women find these weird ass men! Haha
Miller0305
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM

He sounds crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured