Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dh won't let me bathe our dd

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He believes it is safer of we both bathe her. And is afraid that I'd he is not there, an accident will happen. (she will get burned by the water, will drown, or just get water in her mouth. Lots of other crazy things) I understood at first, but now she is 6 months old, and he still doesn't like the idea. I have a dd from before him, and I bathed her alone and she is alive, and fine. I just don't know how long this is going to go on. He is afraid of anything happening and her getting hurt. And he gets angry with me if something happens to her. I know i could shower her by myself, but he wants us to do it together, because its safer. I am okay with that, but he works so much. He leaves at 5:30 am comes back at 6:30 pm, somethings takes a nap, or had to leave to go handle other things or his errands. When are we supposed to shower get?

Edit

He is not a creep, his is very over protective, over her and me and my other daughter. I want to know how to help him efeet over it, so I can be her mom.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Replies (41-50):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM

That's just odd.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I don't know if the news us affecting him, and i did nothave baby blues. He thinks it OS safer to have two parents

Quoting Anonymous:

Has he been watching the news too much so now he's worried ?

Did you admit to or have the baby blues and he's over reacting to that ?

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Lol he is paranoid for his little one. Just start bathing her. And point out that you have done this before and know what you are doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Shit. My husband would be gone if he ever told me what I could do and couldn't do with my kid.

Do it when he's not around. That is one of the most absurd things i've ever heard.

_ClearFruit_
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Oh okay hopefully hell get better

Quoting Anonymous:

He does trust me, he is just over protective. Ours with allot of stuff. And I am at home with them all day everyday, I change her diapers, feed her, put on her clothes, put her down to nap. Everything, and I have never done anything wrong to her.

Quoting _ClearFruit_:

So basically he doesn't trust you. You've must of did something he didn't like for him to act this way
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I would bathe her while hes gone everyday and when he comes home, tell him you already did it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:06 AM

First of all, babies don't need daily baths or showers.  A bowl of warm water and a washcloth is perfectly fine for daily washing.  Second, if he's going to be trying to control what you do with your child, this is just the first step.  If you allow him to act like this, it's going to escalate to other things, like not letting you drive with the child in the car, not taking her to the playground in a few years, not letting you go out with friends, talk to friends, etc.  You are the only person who can nip this crap in the bud.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Haha yes but he says I've done it too and don't need you to tell me how to take care of her.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Lol he is paranoid for his little one. Just start bathing her. And point out that you have done this before and know what you are doing.
supercarp
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM

He sounds as if he has some kind of personality disorder. Is he really bossy about other aspects of your life? Or are you completely incompetent? This is too weird.

Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM
That is really odd. Is he that paranoid about everything in life? I would do it anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN