Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im Confused.... (LONG)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I am divorced with two kids, a 5 yr old dd and 4 yr old es. I have been divorced for one year and three months from their dad. It's been a lot of back and forth. I have given him so many chances even after the divorce but he always chose to mess them up. He'd lie, cheat or just say or do horrible things to me, was abusive in every way while we were married. He has continued verbal and emotional abuse off and on since the divorce. Has called me every horrible name in the book and said some very harsh things to me. Yet I've continued to be nice to try to keep the peace. But now I'm dating this great guy, he likes my kids and they like him. He will do any and everything for me and I don't have to ask. I actually don't ask for anything. He's sweet, respectful, nice, considerate, tall, handsome, hardworking, and honest. Just an all around great guy and I couldn't ask for a better guy. But if course since I've finally moved on, now my ex husband is saying he misses me, wants me and the kids back and he wants to be a good father and he's done with the bs. He promises no more lies, cheating, games, being mean or any of that. He promises if I give him another chance things will be different and nit bad. But I can't trust him and I've moved in. Yet he's making me feel bad for not wanting to give him another chance. Am I wrong? Part of me will always care about him because we have kids together, we were married and I truly loved him but I couldn't continue to let him hurt me or let our kids grow up in an environment like that, so Ieft him and divorced him. Am I wrong for not giving him another chance? Sorry this is so long. Thanks for reading.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM
4 moms liked this
Your not wrong. He won't change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM

No no more chances. You have right now what every girl dreams of . Why would you even think of giving that up? From now on you only talk about the kids.When he changes the subject you say hey I gotta go and hang up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM
He won't change, your better without him.
onl0121
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I think he just sees you are happy and us trying to ruin it. If it were me, I wouldn't leave this new guy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
carterjacksmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:50 AM

He isn't going to change.  DON"T give him another opportunity to hurt you and ruin your chance for some actual happiness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:50 AM
He isn't goimg to change. Forget him. Go with your new guy. Be happy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM

He has sour grapes because you've moved on.  Just ignore the ex because he will not change.  Stay with the new guy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I've told him that I'm happy and so are my kids and I don't want to give up the new guy or hurt him. He is such an amazing guy. He always makes me smile and laugh. I am always happy.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

No no more chances. You have right now what every girl dreams of . Why would you even think of giving that up? From now on you only talk about the kids.When he changes the subject you say hey I gotta go and hang up.

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM
You aren't wrong. He seems like one of those " I don't want it/her/him but no one else can have it."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firemouse23
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Leopards like that don't change their spots.  If you give up your great guy and tell your ex that you are willing to give him another chance the ugly stuff will just start right back up.  Don't go backwards...always move forward.  Keep the great guy and tell your ex you will not talk to him unless it involves something to do with the kids.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)