Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

good or bad idea??? edit

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 14 Replies

Ladies, I need some help and advice. not really quite sure what I need to do... edit in pink

Me and my ex have been split up for 6 months. Our sons birthday is coming up in march and he loves monster trucks. Well there is a monster truck show in the town where my ex works, about 4 hours away from my town and he wants our son to come down there so he can go to it... Well he was going to get his grandma to take him down there but I think that would be stressful on her and everything... She is a little worry wart and my son doesnt really listen to her all that well... she gives him what he wants and I just dont think she could handle him on that long of a drive by herself.... not to mention that less than a year ago she had to have a couple of stints put in her heart. I just dont want to put all that stress on her.

Well i have been thinking about taking our son down there to see the monster truck show with his dad and I plan on going. He was planning on getting a hotel room because he works on a pipeline and has been sharing a camper with his friend. Do you think it would be okay for me to stay in the same room with him in different beds or do you think it would be best if I got my own room? and I have already told him I'm not getting back together with him so he understands that.

just needing some advice :) I think it would be good for our son to see us getting along as friends but i just hope that he doesnt think we will be/do anything else...

what do ya'll ladies think????

I have thought about the seperate room issue but my only problem is that he would be the one paying for it.... so idk if he would pay for 2 rooms... Honestly, I dont really have a problem sharing the room with him... because i mean we are on speaking terms and whatnot but i'm still kinda iffy about the whole situation.... i just dont know...  :(:(

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM
3 moms liked this

If you don't want any mixed signals, get a separate hotel room.  It also won't send mixed signals to your son.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Get your own room.......

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Separate rooms for your sons sake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM
seperate rooms.
unless it was the best and most nice breakup ever and you all are such good friends......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM
It really depends in your relationship and any drama currently in it. I would recommend your own room, if you are concerned that either of you would get the wrong idea
tinkerbelle18
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I think seperate rooms would be best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I would probably share the room for money reasons lol idk though if my husband was an ex id be trying to get in his pants so ya lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Of course you should get your own room.  Why would that even be a question?  

Do you want your son to think you are getting back together?

And let your son stay in your ex's room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I'd get a seperate hotel room. won't send mixed messages to your ex or ds.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Seperate rooms. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN