Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a 6 year old who never sleeps in his bed what do I do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
Okay so he's not my kid, or anybodys kid I know. But on the Today Show, a woman had asked Steve Harvey a question, and had told him that her 6 year old always sleeps in her and her husband's bed, and she doesn't know what to do to get him to stay out of their bed... Leaves me a little baffled. Steve Harvey told her to get the kid a bed and have him sleep in his own room...

No she didn't specify if her child was special needs or not, so I'm assuming this is a child w/o special needs.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I actually feel that lady's pain. My 4 year old dd started having terrible nightmares about 6 months ago. She only watches shows on Nick and Disney Jr. so I have NO idea where these awful things come from. Each night she would come into my room, crying about her bad dream. She told me that a "mean guy" killed me and a bunch of other awful things involving the same "mean guy". She's only with me every day so I still have no clue where he came from. 

Anyway, to this day the kid STILL sleeps with me. I try, I try so hard to get her into her own bed and nothing helps. When she is put in her own bed she cries until she throws up, she will not sleep until day light. If for some reason she DOES fall asleep in her own bed she begins sleepwalking. She cries and wanders around the house all night long, it's her sleepwalking. At this point her sleeping in my bed is more for her protection, it sucks ass!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured