Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am not going to pay my DH's child support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 236 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH lost his job about 3 months ago. Last month, my paycheck paid his child support but I told him  I am not doing it this month so he might at well tell his ex. I have my own 3 children to support and his ex makes as much as I do so I don't see why she needs my money. If I can support the household of 3 kids, me and DH she can certainly do it supporting her 2 and herself. I am not saying she should have to but if DH isn't making any money he can't pay her anything. DH is filing for a modification of CS until he can get a new job.
What would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM
15 moms liked this

I would not have paid a dime of his child support in the first place. You have done it once and it will be expected again. His child support is simply not MY problem.

littlecolton07
by Rebecca on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Do your 3 kids belong to your dh?
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I don't blame you. If my fiancé somehow loses his job I'm not going to pay his child support, hell he pays damn near close to what I make a month and I won't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Same thing.

WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I would do the same. Sucky, but you've gotta look after your kids too. 

angevil53
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM
No and i get cs. My dh doesn't have kids with anyone else but if he did that wouldn't be my problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I paid DH's CS for as long as I could before it started affecting my children.  DH was still paying with unemployment, but it wasn't the full amount.  He was denied a modification and BM filed contempt on him and wanted him arrested. It was a long process and very stressful.  In the end, DH found a job, paid the full monthly amount plus arrears and is now receiving CS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM

No, they are with my ex DH

Quoting littlecolton07:

Do your 3 kids belong to your dh?

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Your dh is receiving cs?

Quoting WifeyC:

I paid DH's CS for as long as I could before it started affecting my children.  DH was still paying with unemployment, but it wasn't the full amount.  He was denied a modification and BM filed contempt on him and wanted him arrested. It was a long process and very stressful.  In the end, DH found a job, paid the full monthly amount plus arrears and is now receiving CS.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
areid1023
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM

i dont know. but i hope i would've worked all this out before i married a man with kids and a cs order. 

i dont mean that to sound bratty...i really dont. i just honestly dont know what id do. i cant imagine my husband having to go through that mess (or his kids or his ex or you or your kids, honestly) and not wanting to help out but i also understand that you just cant pay for everyone and even if you could you shouldnt have to. i certainly wouldnt want to. 

do yall always keep separate finances? because if the money is pooled normally i feel that complicates matters further.

so i guess my input is really not helpful at all, but yeah, i guess thats the sort of thing thats better sorted out and planned for because it sounds like things can get complicated extremely quickly in your situation.

best of luck. i hope your husband finds employment soon and gets back on track. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)