Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHY, I just dont understand!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

My sister and her husband drive me crazy sometimes! Their son is in daycare from about 8:00 am until about 5:30 p.m. No big deal a lot of parents have to do it. She was just telling me the other day how she feels bad about not being able to see him much except for on the weekends and that she doesn't like to ask people to watch him because she feels guilty. Now, today, her husband is off because its Presidents Day. I was like awesome its going to be Daddy son day for them! She then proceeded to tell me he still went to daycare. LOL.They do that all the time. When either one of them has an extra day off to spend with their child, they dont, they still send him. I just don't understand it. I am a stay at home mom to 3 kids soon to be 4, so I am with my kids all the time. Im not saying they shouldn't get time to theirselves, but goodness, you could at least spend a full day with him when you are off during the week.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Not your business,your opinion doesn't matter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I never said it did. Just stating how I feel about the situation.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Not your business,your opinion doesn't matter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Maybe her DH had an appointment

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM

My kids NEVER go to daycare on my days off, like today. :)

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM

She obviously doesn't feel too guilty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I always kept my daughter home with me when I had a day off. Unless I was sick (I'm a frequent migraine sufferer) Now I work while my kids go to school and I am home when they are. I am lucky and I appreciate how lucky I am.

BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I dont judge. They may be exhausted.

My SO and I work opposite shifts so our kids arent in daycare (couldnt afford it anyway). But we are extremely exhausted too since we both have FT jobs. I wish I could send the kids somewhere so I can have a day off work in peace at home. I can understand their reasoning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

i feel the same was as you... and it doesnt make sense to me either.

she will wake up one day when her child is about 18 and ready to head off to college and regret it all.  Im a sahm and my child is going to college next year and I wish I could do it all over again, and I was there... but Im still so sad that part is coming to an end.  I cant even imagine the regrets i would have if I had not been there.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never said it did. Just stating how I feel about the situation.....

kristawing
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I can think of one reason he was sent today. Some daycares charge you, whether you are there or not. Maybe didn't want to "waste" the money. If that makes sense?  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I can understand that they are tired...I mean, I do understand they need time to theirselves. I stated that, but they do it alllll the time. Not just once in awhile. My mom just watched him last weekend as well, so my sister could clean her house. LOL. 

Quoting BEXi:

I dont judge. They may be exhausted.

My SO and I work opposite shifts so our kids arent in daycare (couldnt afford it anyway). But we are extremely exhausted too since we both have FT jobs. I wish I could send the kids somewhere so I can have a day off work in peace at home. I can understand their reasoning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured