Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any tips on how to curb my appettite so i can lose my baby bump?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 2 Replies

my daughter is 5 months old i went from weighing 152 to now weighing 156, i know it doesn't sound like i have gained alot but i want to figure out how to control my urge to eat all the time. i still eat like i do when i was pregnant with her and had to gain weight., my menstrual cycle never helps anything i eat even more. i know if i drink milk before i eat i usually stay fuller so i dont  eat as much. maybe i should drink a glass of milk before each meal, we r supposed to have 3 glasses of milk a day anyways.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Nicole1357
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM

BUMP!

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM

1. figure out how much you need to eat for weight loss.  google "harris benedict equation" and follow the instructions/read the info.  if you are EBF, subtract about 350cals instead of 500cals.

2. track your meals using myfitnesspal and edit the settings to reflect #1

3. eat 5x/day.  these meals should be about 300cals each totaling 1500cals for the day and if you need more, eat 100-200cal "food blocks" to hit your target.  this is something i learned while doing the Insanity program.  the frequent meals will keep your metabolism going while keeping your blood glucose level stable

4. eat a diet that is rich in protein, healthy carbs and healthy fats.  foods that are processed or high in sugar do nothing but cause a sugar crash and have no nutritional value.  i aim for a 40% protein, 30% healthy carb 30% healthy fat ratio.

5. drink lots of water daily.  this will also help keep you full

6. eating your calories that are right for you and keeping in a caloric deficit will help you drop the weight.  exercise 4-5x/week and you'll drop weight faster.

7. learn what you can about nutrition and healthy living.  this is a lifestyle change and will help you in terms of long-term weight management... the more you know, the less likely you'll fall off the wagon.

good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured