Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think babies are at risk of abuse with a non related male caregiver?

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes or no? In our city we have had 3 infant deaths in the past year by the Moms boyfriend (not the babies father). A local group that helps women with babies started a campaign on this trying to prevent these incidents. Do you think an infant is at risk with a non related male caregiver? 

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

No.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

NO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM
No. Children are more at risk with a relative, period.
knkd
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes...read the statistics.
CharlotteRose
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe if the mom didn't have losers as boyfriends than their children would be alive - i think they need to look at the reasons behind why and im sure majority of the men had criminal pasts too and that the women probably knew about and yet just looked the other way because they wanted a man in their life to help them out w/the kids or self esteem....pretty sad.....

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

This seems to indicate that whoever is around the child the most is most likely to abuse.  Most kids are with their bio moms most of the time so if abuse occurs it makes sense it would be her.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Statistically no.
40% of child abuse is by bio mothers. 19% by bio fathers 18% by both bio parents.
Only 12% of child abuse is perpetrated by a non bio caregiver.

http://mkg4583.wordpress.com/2009/09/01/mothers-abuse-children-3-times-more-than-dads-federal-hhs-statistics/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM

IMO yes BUT thats just MY opinion. 

supercarp
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I do, merely because men are more likely to be abusive than women are. A woman can be, too, but it just doesn't happen very often.

I had male babysitters when I was growing up and they were fine with 1 exception, but unless I knew them very well I would not have one for my children, because statistically male sitters are way more problematic.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Not necessarily.  Like I said in a previous post, the issue lies with stupid women who can't wait to move her flavor of the week into her home to be her kids' new "daddy". 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM
No more than it is a risk with a non related female caregiver.

This war on men has to stop.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN