Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

second baby registry..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

my ex friend has a 15 month old boy, she found out i was pregnant and decided to try for another one too ( im alittle bitter mostly because i lost the baby)  anyways she found out its another boy  and her husband  posts thier registery on facebook. i look mostly because i thought it was so tacky  and what could they possibly need... they are asking for a  $100 toddler bed for the first born, plus $50 bedding for the first born, a new $200 highchair ( she has a $200 high chair already and its still in  great condition) a $60 high chair u clip to the table, 2 $60 booster seats for resturants, a $300 stroller ( she got a stroller when her first was born that was close to $300) a $130 rug for the kids room, $50 storage shelfing units, $28 diaper creme...i was shocked. i mean its bad enough  asking for things for  your second son when  they are so close in age ( SHE STILL HAS EVERYTHING FROM THE FIRST ONE AND HE HAS TONS AND TONS OF THINGS), but then to also ask people to buy for the first birn too?  buy ur own damn  toddler bed and bed set and shelfing,  am i wrong here or is that  like super tacky???? it sounds to me like she cant afford to have another kid and expects eeryone else to buy her everything....

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Buy her diapers and move along :)  I find registries to be wishful thinking.  I buy what's needed and they can hope for the best with the rest of the crap.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Posting it on FB is super tacky. To actually expect people to buy that much stuff for a second is RUDE imo.

CodeBlue
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Super tacky.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
It sounds pretty crazy. I did a registry for my second child but I was having him 5 years after I had my DD so the only thing I could still use was her crib set since it was Noah's Ark.
buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I think it's a bit tacky but I don't think it rates getting this upset over it. Besides it doesn't matter what she asks for, she could register for the Moon, it doesn't mean anyone is going to buy it for her.

I'm sorry for your loss <3 it sounds like you need to relax

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

shes not getting anything from me lol  she had a massive baby registry  then  just  spent 80 grand on her wedding a demanded i pay 2 grand to be in it  plsu a huge registry for  the house warming party, ( like couches)  egagement party, bridal shower, and wedding,  now she wants  people to buy more????  nope sorry dont get pregnant if you   cant use what you alread have and afford to  have two kids.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Buy her diapers and move along :)  I find registries to be wishful thinking.  I buy what's needed and they can hope for the best with the rest of the crap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I always put everything I plan on buying on my registry. I really have no expectation of people buying me anything expensive. It is just easier to pick it all out and then just hit add to cart and buy it all in one shot
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I agree with u and felt the bitterness. I hate people like that. I would lile to have a 2nd baby shower and my kids will only be 2 years apart, however I specifically asked for non gender stuff at my first baby shower and lost out! I have a girl and am prego with a boy but I only want like clothes, a few toys, bath stuff. Still necessities but nothing expensive and people think Im crazy!! I still have all dds stuff but a boy cant reuse everything. Your ex friend just sounds very selfish since shes having another boy. Yeah baby stuff is expensive but why is everyone else supposed to buy the high stuff because she doesnt want to?
CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM

why would they want another shower? it hasn't been that long since she had her first baby and its very takcy!!!  And im sorry for your loss......

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM
heart

You do what you wanna.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)