Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All Wiccans are divorced women or DD players.

Posted by   + Show Post

At least that is a sample of what a Fox journalist thinks. What do you think about this segment? Should Fox apologize? Are they right? Is this bad journalism? 

Sorry if this was already posted in here.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Replies (151-160):
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
It's even better with wine and figurines!

Quoting skymama10:

Can you roll dice? Do you have an imagination? Then you can play d&d. You roll dice and make stuff up. That's about it. :)

Quoting Aislin:

LOL I'm not divorced or middle aged either. I haven't played D&D but I watched my brother play it in High School. I'm sure we could figure it out. It will be the most epic game of D&D ever!

Quoting mommysangelface:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not divorced or middle aged but i can learn D&D

just be gentle 

hehe

Quoting Aislin:

Oh shush and play D&D with me. I have a divorce to forget about.

Quoting mommysangelface:

not only that but he mentions about "can pagans name all their holidays?"

can christians?

and no easter is a pagan holiday.  lol

Quoting eliptica24:

The petition has maxed out big time. They probably won't apologize, but they should. You know if a christian church was bashed like this by another news station they would ride their ass.

20 holidays, THERE ARE 8!

Idiots. They got the 20 from the 20% of the College's holidays are pagan based, that isnt much and most are ON the christian holidays like xmas and halloween.

Youtube has a whole lot of responses from pagans.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Lmao!

Hell yea it will be badass with us playing.

Quoting Aislin:

LOL I'm not divorced or middle aged either. I haven't played D&D but I watched my brother play it in High School. I'm sure we could figure it out. It will be the most epic game of D&D ever!

Quoting mommysangelface:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not divorced or middle aged but i can learn D&D

just be gentle 

hehe

Quoting Aislin:

Oh shush and play D&D with me. I have a divorce to forget about.

Quoting mommysangelface:

not only that but he mentions about "can pagans name all their holidays?"

can christians?

and no easter is a pagan holiday.  lol

Quoting eliptica24:

The petition has maxed out big time. They probably won't apologize, but they should. You know if a christian church was bashed like this by another news station they would ride their ass.

20 holidays, THERE ARE 8!

Idiots. They got the 20 from the 20% of the College's holidays are pagan based, that isnt much and most are ON the christian holidays like xmas and halloween.

Youtube has a whole lot of responses from pagans.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eliptica24
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:40 PM

thats not really the focus of the conversation or expected, its more the point that they are pulling "facts" out of their ass instead of using real ones.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

You can cry for a apology but it isn't going to change their views.

★Check me out

Read, Watch, Chat!

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:50 PM
God I can't even listen to the whole fucking thing because it's just pure ignorance. Especially asshat #1 on the left. I think it's great that MU is recognizing Wiccan and Pagan holidays for their students and faculty. Makes me a bit more proud of my state.
katarina666
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Yes they should appoligize .It really offended me. Ive never beeen divorced,played D&D or been a midwife.But what can you expect from Faux news.I see this saome news team makeing insulting remarks about everything .They are like The three stooges.

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:50 AM
I'm a Christian and although I do not agree with the way they reported this at all, This is the way Christians are represented by the other more liberal news stations. We are never issued an apology, for being criticized or made fun of. It's an opinion, a rather idiotic one but still his opinion and I think it's rather ridiculous to think they need to apologize
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Yeah I can agree with just state itself shows many backgrounds of people belong to different groups. So to generalize makes it stupid. I am just saying I wouldn't cry about a fake apology because that is what it would be. Plus it wouldn't fix anything, it's been said.Can't change it now.

Quoting eliptica24:

thats not really the focus of the conversation or expected, its more the point that they are pulling "facts" out of their ass instead of using real ones.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

You can cry for a apology but it isn't going to change their views.

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait, I thought all Wiccans were goth or emo teeangers. At least that is what I keep getting told by people who argue with me that I cannot possibly be Wiccan and be an adult parent.

Lionpaw
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Lol I play wow and d& d... Damn. Am I a nerd

Quoting eliptica24:

not WoW, D&D silly! :P

Quoting Lionpaw:

Wow, just wow!

I play d& c but I'm not wiccan. I know dd players who are pagan, wiccan, Christian, Jewish, etc. I don't see how an educational hobby has anything to do with religion

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN