Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you skip your prenatals?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I started taking my prenatals at around 8 weeks. When did you start?

I sometimes skip them as well, not intentionally, because I literally KO when I say I'm just going to take a quick rest on the bed. I take them at night to avoid the upset stomach feeling. Do you sometimes forget about them?

Just wanting to see what other mom's patterns are or were like because I'm starting to get paranoid about the consequences of not taking them or starting late since I feel like I did start late. Just a little over thinking this I guess.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I had to skip them, all vitamins make me barf. I've tried them all, the second I swallow a vitamin I feel nauseous.

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM

i hated them - they made me sick - so i had to take before bed with like 4 crackers and water --- but they also put me on iron and that was fabulous cause then i had to have friggen softners -- so at like 4 months i stopped with all that crap and just took half a pre a day and ate a very balanced diet making sure my iron and protein was high.... all three kids were perfect --- 

tinakinakins
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM

What? the One A Day prenatals made me sick. The Nature Made ones didn't. Where is the confusion?

Quoting supercarp:

Do you mean to say that you didn't make anyone else sick when you were pregnant? Or did you mean nauseated? 

Quoting tinakinakins:

I couldn't hold down the One a day prenatals. I had to switch to nature made. Didn't make me nauseous once.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I took folic acid before pregnancy(as all women need to) and started prenatals as soon as I found out I was pregnant.  They prescribed them to me over the phone BEFORE I saw the doctor for my first check up.   I had severe hypermesis, and could not keep anything down.  That was the only time I did not take them, but did force myself to take them to make sure I would have a healthy baby.

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Didn't take them with my son and only remember like 1/3 of the with my daughter. My kids are perfectly fine!

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I never had a problem with them until this pregnancy. I skip a lot so I don't throw up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ollie123
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I didn't take them. They constipated me.

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM
She was correcting the improper usage of nauseous. I can never get it straight either.

Quoting tinakinakins:

What? the One A Day prenatals made me sick. The Nature Made ones didn't. Where is the confusion?

Quoting supercarp:

Do you mean to say that you didn't make anyone else sick when you were pregnant? Or did you mean nauseated? 

Quoting tinakinakins:

I couldn't hold down the One a day prenatals. I had to switch to nature made. Didn't make me nauseous once.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM

As soon as i found out I was pregnant ..8 weeks or so 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I never bothered with them at all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured