Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BM is super pissed at me, but I really didn't mean any harm!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dh and I have been married for 10 years, together 12. He has a 16 year old dd, so I've been around most of her life and I've NEVER had any problems with her mom. Until today...

Sd came over on Saturday and asked her dad if she could have money to buy a dress for a sports banquet. She runs cross country and won state this year, so the whole thing is kind of in her honor. She said her mom had to work and couldn't take her shopping. I told her if she wanted me to, I would go shopping with her for a dress. Just a nice little outing, just us girls.

This morning, bm calls me, ranting and raving about how it wasn't my place to take her daughter to do something special like that. I tried to explain that sd said she wasn't able to take her and I was sorry if I intruded on something. She wasn't having it and told me she doesn't want me going alone with her daughter anywhere ever again.

I'm really confused. I mean, if she had planned on taking sd herself it would be another story...but sd was going alone anyway. Am I missing something here?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM
3 moms liked this
She is butt hurt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

no sounds like pms over blown. don't let it get to you. I think she is overreacting. I would love it if my childs step mom did that for my kid as long as it wasn't all the time to make me feel like your better than me.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:40 PM

She couldn't do it, but she didn't want anyone else to do it either.  She'll calm down.  You also obviously don't have to listen to her about not going anywhere with her daughter again.

eoewan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:40 PM
6 moms liked this

I think the BM came to the realization that she wasn't there for her DD when she needed her. Her anger was directed at you because she was angry at herself. Hopefully once she cools down she will come to this conclusion and things will be okay again. BTW it was nice of you to take your SD shopping and helping her make a decision on a dress.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Sounds like you're a good SM. I've heard too many stories about horrible SM on here, but sounds like BM got her feelings hurt. It is understandable, but hope she'll get over it.
glycerinej
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
She is just upset and jealous over you doing it....
She had no right to call and jump your case, you were doing it to be nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM

It sounds like she's jealous that you got to enjoy that moment with her daughter because she was stuck at work. Rather then accepting it, she's taking her anger/jealousy out on you. Let it go and ignore her. I'm sure SD enjoyed it and was happy to have someone with her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Give her a chance to cool down. She may just be upset that she couldn't take her. You said you're sorry it's up to her the accept it or not. If you really didn't mean any harm then don't worry about it unless she wants to make a big deal out of it. She may just needed to get it off her chest and move on.
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this
She's overreacting. It's not like you took her to get her prom or wedding dress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsFlores_2006
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM

she is stupid... let it go ... you where there when she wasnt able and if the kid was going on her own then why not join her,... dont feel to bad, you where not doing to be mean or step on her toes, and after so many years... if it was me i would have said thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN