Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is it ....

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 13 Replies

Some people think it is selfish to have more than one child ? Its something that has bugged me for awhile . Thoughts ladies

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nightcrawler98
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:07 PM

bump

slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I've heard a variety of reasons, from environmental concerns to the vast number of children already in foster care.
SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

i think everyone is entitled to their oppinion --- i think whatever size family suits you is fine 

SunshineBird
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I've never known anyone who felt this way.

TippyD
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Quoting slashteddy:

I've heard a variety of reasons, from environmental concerns to the vast number of children already in foster care.

this is what I have heard as well... 

ChristieV
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Who are these people? I only have one, but feel to each his/her own. Many people think it's selfish to have only one. I feel that if you can afford to have more than one, go for it. I do get annoyed by women who really just "need to have a baby in their arms" so have 5 or 6, not showing much interest when they are no longer babies. Or people who know they can't afford to have more and continue to do so. That said, people's circumstances change, and what one was affordable may no longer be.

KKmommy3
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I don't.  I love having a sister and brother, and my kids love having a sister and brother.  Life would not be complete without them all!

Nightcrawler98
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM

i have my mother in law is one she thought dh and i should stop after we had our son we had one of each we didnt need anymore i've had people call me selfish because i have more than 2 children

Quoting SunshineBird:

I've never known anyone who felt this way.

BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Odd.. I think a sibling can be an absolute GIFT!

My sons are best friends. Granted theyre only 4 and 5, they literally do everything together.

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I have one and have heard it's selfish of me to NOT have more. I like your version better, it'd get my in-laws out of my hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN