Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My 3yo came in my room last night after bedtime and asked me where my husband and I got her and her sister from. I told her to go to bed and we will talk about it in the morning because I wasn't quite sure how to explain it to her truthfully but also age appropriately.

So my question for you moms is what would you tell your 3yo? I want to be as honest as possible so no stork stories lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Replies (21-26):
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I was honest with him but didn't mention sex. I just explained the whole fertilized egg thing, and how he grew inside me and then came out when he was ready. I basically overwhelmed him with details that I found acceptable to prevent him from asking about the things I didn't want to address.

Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I told my daughter that daddy and I planted a seed in my belly and she and ds grew inside my tummy like flowers grow in the garden. I told her that I had to drink lots of water and healthy food to make sure they grew properly like watering a plant. It was an easy analogy that she could relate to . She was 4 when I told her that, I was pregnant with ds at the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM
When my dd was 3 we explained God puts a baby in mommies belly and the doctors take it out. If you aren't religious then obviously that explanation won't work for you. Also she believed the baby comes out your belly button.lol
Armywifeholcomb
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I was prego when DD was 3. She knew her little brother was growing in there. I also showed her the scar where she came out and explained that they were going to cut momma open again to get him out. But she also knew about baby in her "auntie's" belly when she was 2. So it's never been a big deal. Up until she was 3 she knew somebody who was prego. I did want her to know I was having a c-section so she had to be careful with me until I was healed.
annie6884
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Thank you all! My 6yo kinda guessed things when she was 3 because I was pregnant with the 3yo then so she was an easy one!
BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM

My ex-mother in law used to tell my husband she found him behind a bag of rice at the store.

I never asked my parents where I came from, but when I found out, I was grossed out beyond beleif.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)