Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many clothes do you need? How many do you own?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM
  • 34 Replies

I want to get a head start on cleaning out my closets. I am looking for advice on how many shirts pants shoes you actually need. I probably need to downsize what I actually have.Suggestions would be welcome!

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Josie_P
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM

No freaking clue. I have too much stuff of my own lol. Maybe 10 of each? 

C.Fleury
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think there is a set amount. How and when I go through my closet. I just weed out stuff I rarely wear or never wear and give it away to those needing clothing. Then I turn around an buy new to replace what I got rid of. Always need a good selection. You never know what you'll need to wear.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I'm probably not a good person to answer because I don't have much at all

I have a bunch of socks and undies. I have several tank tops I can wear under sweaters, I have one pair of leggings, 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of yoga pants
I have a pair of "ugg"  type boots, a pair of high heeled boots (my fancy shoes lol) and a pair of sneakers...OH and a pair of flip flops for in the summer when its warm
And I've got a few sun dresses for the summer as well
thats its....my closet is pretty bare...

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I have been telling myself that I need to get rid of half my closet but everytime I try it never works out. I am too attached to all my stuff. Especially shoes! I love wearing heels but since I am pregnant and can't wear them right now I find comfort in knowing they are there lol. My dh has tried to toss some of my stuff out and believe me he always regrets it. I do pack stuff up and take it to donate but it takes a lot from me to do that. I wear everything in my closet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Oh I read somewhere that when you wear an outfit you should turn the hanger the opposite way...then every six months or so go in and anything thats still facing the original way...get rid of it because you haven't worn it in 6 months

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I don't think there's a such thing as too many clothes lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I have three pairs of jeans, probably around 10 or so shirts.  Two bras that fit and I am not gonna count my socks and underwear- but I have enough to wear a clean pair everyday and have several left over before laundry day.  I have to do laundry at a laundry mat so that laundry gets done on specific days of the week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I have 6 pairs of jeans, 12 tops total, 2 pairs of stretchy pants, 2 pairs of shorts, 2 skirts, one dress, one hoodie, 2 pairs of tennis shoes, one pair of boots and one pair of heels.

Plus about 15 pairs if various pantie.

And 6 bras.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bero2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM

depends. Do you have a washer and dryer to do your own laundry? I've heard 5 pants 10 shirts and mix and match and add a few dresses.

Jcothrine
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM

i just ordered some clothes online..because i have been losing some weight and i am down to  one pair of pants that i can wear to the store without having to literally hold them up (no belt loops in my other pants..these are drawstring yoga pants)..i have ordered two pairs of jeans with beltloops and elastic in the back so hopefully they will fit... i only have my husband's old t-shirts to wear with them right now and two long sleeve nice women's shirts...so i ordered some short sleeved women's shirts.. tired of wearing shapeless men's t-shirts....

so i will have three pairs of pants and 6 tops.... you can wear jeans more than once.... i do have pajamas...

we don't have a dryer right now..so i have to hang things to dry. that is one reason i went ahead and ordered more pants.. because it isnt like i can just wash them, dry them, and go.. i have to wash them at night and have them the next morning (still a little wet)

JC

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)