Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

After 12 years of ignoring..... I have THAT doc appointment today - oh dreading it!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 44 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you go to regular check ups and women's exams?

Options:

Yes like clockwork never miss.

Only when i need medication or something that forces me to go.

Never, if it ain't broke i don't fix.

Other.... explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 101

View Results

I am horrible when it comes to spending money on my own medical stuff that is just preventitive maint so to speak -- I have not had a pap since my last child was born in 2001 --- finally today i am going -- and I would love any excuse to blow it off -- but I have to go no more being lazy or cheap about my health - getting too damn old to be stupid!!!  Next i have to make an appointment for the Mam ---- OMG the crap we women have to deal with --- but I guess men get their dose with the prostate crap right?  LOL 

Are you good about seeing your doctor for regular check ups and stuff? 

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM

BUMP!

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:20 PM

My doc insists on a pap and a breast exam every year before he will prescribe my bc for that year.

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM

yeah i have never taken BC -- strokes run in my family so not advised -- today I am praying I can put the wheels in motion for my partial hysterectomy - i have Kaiser so who knows what I have to do to get that approved.  But I hope my list of issues is enough medical reasons for them to say okay 

Quoting theosgirl45:

My doc insists on a pap and a breast exam every year before he will prescribe my bc for that year.

SterlingHeart

Sassy01
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
i really have no choice in the matter, our family Dr. will tell my husband, daughters, and my folks to get my butt in for this or that, we all go to the same Dr. and all have access to each others medical info which is nice in one way but a PITA in another lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I used to get a pap once a year but they have changed things here and now a woman only needs one every 2 years.

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM

maybe thats what i need - someone up my butt about being neglectful --- but this is the year to get all that done -- i have this appt today then will schedule the mam and also have to see my primary about some other digestive issues and a skin tag that has radically changed color.... such fun getting old!  LOL 

Quoting Sassy01:

i really have no choice in the matter, our family Dr. will tell my husband, daughters, and my folks to get my butt in for this or that, we all go to the same Dr. and all have access to each others medical info which is nice in one way but a PITA in another lol.

SterlingHeart

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM

where is that?

Quoting CeeGee81:

I used to get a pap once a year but they have changed things here and now a woman only needs one every 2 years.

SterlingHeart

tkp003
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Cheer you up?

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM

YES!!  LOL 

Quoting tkp003:

Cheer you up?

SterlingHeart

Hyman
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I'm horrible at it. In fact, I put off ever going back to the dr for myself after my son was born. I finally forced myself 5 months after his first bday and guess what?

I was 3 months pregnant and didnt know it. Talk about shock. Lol. :O
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN