Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

After 12 years of ignoring..... I have THAT doc appointment today - oh dreading it!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you go to regular check ups and women's exams?

Options:

Yes like clockwork never miss.

Only when i need medication or something that forces me to go.

Never, if it ain't broke i don't fix.

Other.... explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 101

View Results

I am horrible when it comes to spending money on my own medical stuff that is just preventitive maint so to speak -- I have not had a pap since my last child was born in 2001 --- finally today i am going -- and I would love any excuse to blow it off -- but I have to go no more being lazy or cheap about my health - getting too damn old to be stupid!!!  Next i have to make an appointment for the Mam ---- OMG the crap we women have to deal with --- but I guess men get their dose with the prostate crap right?  LOL 

Are you good about seeing your doctor for regular check ups and stuff? 

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Replies (41-44):
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM

As far as the regularly lady bits check up yes. I keep those because I've had abnormal paps in the past but the normal check ups no. I never go see a "regular" doctor unless I'm dying.

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I had precancerous cells on my cervix for 4 years. Cancer runs in my family. Because of those two factors I always go. If I don't have the money I know my parents will pay for it because of those 4 years. If I get cancer, they would like me to know as soon as possible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I used to until this year. Now that I work nights I cant bring myself to get in and I only have one BC refill left.  Its also a giant pain in the ass to get in to my OBGYN but the main issue is that working nights, I am dead to the world from 8am till about five (unless its school vacation like this week) and by then the doc is closed. But I used to go on time every time.

CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I had that a few years ago. I had to have a biopsy and extra paps for two years and then I was cleared to go back to routine. Good luck with everything!

Quoting Anonymous:

I just found out I have HPV (highrisk). I didnt go to my pap smears routinely, but I have to now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)