Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Suicide is just like abortion.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It's none of your business unless it's YOUR body. 

If you disagree with abortion...don't get one.

If you disagree with suicide, then don't kill yourself. 

But there's no need to belittle or desecrate anyone because they choose these paths. 

FUcking DUH!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Replies (41-47):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I posted  yesterday how my DF tried to commit suicide a few weeks ago. I found him in our bedroom, barely breathing and covered in vomit. I called 911 and it saved his life.

Up until that very minute, I would have agreed that everyone has the right to die as they wish. But I could not have let my DF die, even if it had been his wishes. How could I have lived with that? How could I have told our children that is what happened?

I think the lines get blurred a lot when it comes to suicide, the terminally ill, the mentally ill and those that are not ready to die but crying out for help.

yperez0209
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM

You are right in that suicide and abortion do have one thing in common murder/ death.

Some might think it's none of my business but I believe the one doing the act has no right to there body in this situation. Not when the end result is death. Anything else, go for it.

And like someone said, yes, the mentally ill are many times the ones who kill themselves, so lets just let them die? No, they too deserve to live a life with dignity and it should be defended like anyone else. The same goes for children, disabled and elderly folks.

And you can disagree with suicide and find yourself in such a terrible situation that you kill yourself ( not you, just speaking in general ). You can believe in many things but when pushed against a wall you might go against everything you believe to say your own skin, for example.

And the second point I believe you are right is the one about not belittling anyone. But that goes for me also, i get attacked all the time for being pro life and for my opinion even though I'm not attacking anyone just speaking what I believe to be true.

Just for the record being prolife isn't just defending the un born. It's about defending life from beginning to it's natural end.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Late term abortion. According to Christopher Titus. =)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

and just like abortion it is murder. enough said.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Who created this post........YIKES, way to go dum-dum way to go!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM
That's apart of the problem with this corrupt world people choose to avoid things and not make certain things their business when sometimes some things should be, or else we probably wouldn't have all the crap that is going on in the world. People should act more caring towards others, I'm not necessarily saying throw yourself on others but do offer plenty of help. Now if they don't accept the help then that is a different story, but at least it was offered.
areid1023
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM

i agree with this. 

i also support assisted suicide and the like for those that have a terminal illness, but are still able give consent. i also dont support the condemnation or demonization of people that commit suicide for any reason, but i do understand the pain and betrayal loved ones left behind must feel. 

i do agree in the case of abortion, people really need to mind their own business. it doesnt involve the death of a born human being and its between a person and her doctor. just like other medical procedures.

Quoting Anonymous:

Most suicidal people have a mental illness and are not thinking clearly. They need intervention, not for people to mind their own business.

my little bug! 11-29-08

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)