Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

9 and 10 yr olds dating?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When my neighbor's 9 year old daughter came up to me to ask me if she could date my 10 year old son, I said "It's up to him", because I thought to myself, "How far can it honestly go? What are they gonna do, share animal crackers at the park with me driving them there?"

Much to my dismay, it has become a deeper problem. My son has been taught by me and his father that it's not ok to show physical displays of affection at his age (either publically or privately). We've taught him that it's ok to have a little crush, but that he shouldn't "date" at least until he's a teenager, and then it will be discussed.

His lil "girlfriend" is absolutely obsessed with him. She invites herself over for dinner, to go to the park, tries to sneak down into his bedroom when he's playing with his mates to try to "give him a kiss". She told me yesterday that she had indeed kissed him. I asked her what kind of kiss and she said just a peck with no tongue. What the actual fuck? Then later in the day she was trying to hold h is hand. She also informed me not to tell her mother that she is dating him because she was recently baptized and not allowed to date until age 16. She borrows my cell phone to text him when he's not here, asks me for rides to go see him when he's visiting his friends (she will drop off candy and love notes to him).

She plays "house" with him and pretends that she is pregnant with his baby. And then my final straw was when she made a video of herself pretending she was "making out" with him, on MY phone (I had no idea she was doing all of these things listed above so please do not judge!)

What should I do! Help help! I did call her mother to leave a message but I got no returned call. Her family seems to be very distant from actually raising her. Her mother is always "sick" or sleeping. Her daddy is rarely home. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Replies (21-21):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Theses little girls are fast now! this little girl in my sons class gave him a flower and a stuffed dinosaur for Vday. Hes been getting girl attention since he was in pre-k. I scared of his teenage years. Girls fight over him now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)