Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Officially microwaveless! Heated my coffee on the stove, lol

Posted by   + Show Post
Our appliances all pretty much died at the same time. We moved into this house a few months ago and one by one they all died.

Instead of replacing the microwave over the oven, we got double ovens. They were installed over the weekend.

At first I was standing there kind of feeling lost bc I didn't have a 20 sec place to heat up my cup ... But I poured it into a small pan and heated it up and it took maybe 3 minutes.

Anyone else ditch the microwave?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Replies (11-13):
Hyman
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I usually will pull whatever out of the freezer and put in the fridge to defrost when I use my frozen stuff. Even when I had a microwave. I was awful at defrosting it in there bc it always cooked around the edges and made meat gross.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

My mom did. She has a small (I mean tiny!) kitchen. She says she doesn't miss it. I have pondered ditching it, too. What about defrosting meat, though? I guess not everyone uses the microwave for that but that is,one of the things that held me back.

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM

We didn't even last a week when our coffee maker broke. Went out and immediately bough a $7 one at the PX just to hold us over until we get a better one. Coffee is serious business around here.

I get what you meant now though. It was just confusing to read lol

Quoting Hyman:

I came home with a coffee and funny enough my coffee maker decided to get clogged about a week ago and I haven't made the jump to buy a new one lol. So yeah. It's a bad month or so in appliance history for me ;)

But I had to warm it up and I stood there like ... Now what. Lol.

Quoting VannaMae307:

We didn't have a microwave for a long time, about a year. I got used to reheating things in the oven, I still do it because it makes the reheated things more juicy and not so fried and dried out.

You lost me on the coffee part though. Your coffee went cold in your cup and you reheated on the stove? I would have just made fresh coffee, in that case.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM
I need my microwave...dont use it a whole lot but would be lost without it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN