Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Clean Work Space = Not Busy Enough????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I was trying to figure out why when my co-workers have something they need help with they always bring it to me. One co-worker who is also a friend just told me. She said it's because I have the cleanest desk and because I finish work really fast. Even though I'm doing just as much, and sometime more, work it looks like I don't have anything to do because I keep my desk and work area so spotless.

This bothers me. Most of my co-workers know about my OCD and this shouldn't surprise them. If they were to open my file drawers, they would see the files full of work. I just don't (and wouldn't be able to stand) have everything on my desk at once like they do. When I'm done with something, I file it in my drawer, so the only things on my desk are what I'm currently working on.

So basically, I'm being penalized and viewed as not doing anything because I'm more organized than everyone else. Boo!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM

BUMP!

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Tell them no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I just do it because I can get it done faster than they can anyway. I have offered to help some of them get organized but it hasn't happend. Part of the reason I finish things so quickly is because I am organized and have a system for everything.

Quoting catrig:

Tell them no

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Just say no.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I just do it because I can get it done faster than they can anyway. I have offered to help some of them get organized but it hasn't happend. Part of the reason I finish things so quickly is because I am organized and have a system for everything.

Quoting catrig:

Tell them no

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)