Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would never co sleep

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
This WAS my opinion with my first two but with my third its been a different story. He is just under a month and some nights the only way I can get him to sleep is to bring him in mommy and daddys bed.

We both ( DH and I ) have our own blankets. And baby always snuggles up against me. Its terrible though. I sleep with one eye open. I worry about suffocation.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IFartGlitter
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM

your baby is safer in your bed.

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM
4 moms liked this

i napped with my babies but never thru the night sleep -- i just don't do co-sleep and refused to let it start --- i would rather rock my child for an hour to get them to bed than have them start the sharing of my bed 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

?

Quoting IFartGlitter:

your baby is safer in your bed.

Hyman
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Well, might make you feel better to research ways to create a safe cosleeping or bed sharing environment.

We've shared our bed with our son since birth and he's 18 months old now :D

Not what we planned but it happened and my Dh and I both adore having him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Islandmom2boys
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I didn't co sleep with my oldest, never even thought about it.

But my youngest, that was the only way we could get him to be happy and shut up as a baby. If we tried to put him to sleep anywhere else, no one in the house got any sleep.

Now, they are 3 and 4 years and both sleep with us now.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I put my kids to bed in their own bed EVERYNIGHT, but sometimes I wake up sore because they've both decided to squash me...:P

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM

We bedshared with all three of our boys, from birth. They are now 9, 7 and 5. All healthy, all sleep in their own beds.  :-) And I never suffered from the "New baby, no sleep" thing. 

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I did the same with dd. But ds was never in my bed as an infant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mylovey
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I have never been worried of rolling on my babies, but I worried about SIDS. My grandfather's baby brother died just before his first birthday. They put him to bed in his crib, and he passed during the night. I just bought one of these.......

http://www.amazon.com/Respisense-Infant-Breathing-Movement-Monitor/dp/B001JJOE76/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1361216709&sr=8-11&keywords=baby+breathing+monitor

I have used it for two nights now, and I sleep better. I know that if he were to stop breathing the alarm would go off.

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM
we always coeslept with ds. now he is almost 2 and we are trying to help him sleep in his own bed. He is a serious bed hog! I don't regret it even though i know this is gonna be a tough transition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured