Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you go on vacation if...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH couldn't go?? I have an awesome job...8 weeks paid vacation a year. DH.doesn't have a good job...not only can he not get the 9 days off to go on vacation...it would be unpaid. I don't see things changing with his job anytime soon. I want to take a vacation...he says to just take the kids and go without him. I am going to...would you?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I would probably do something over summer when the kids are off and do an "extended stay" somewhere.  Go for it!

momma2mms
by Kristin on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Be glad he doesn't want to go. Sounds like a whiny little girl!

Quoting nverheyn2011:

i'm in sort of the same boat. my mom rented 2 cabins at my all time favorite place, for 9 days. the whole family is going to be there, and some of the people i met down there about 6-7 years ago (i've been going every year since i was 18 months old) might be there (YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! super excited to see them again!!) but dh doesn't want to go. he says he prefers Maryland (he's never even been to where we're going, but already "hates" it because it's MY dream vacation place!)

I told him that if he doesn't want to go, fine. he can stay here and do whatever while dd and I go without him. It'll be more fun without him anyways, being all depressing and whatever. goodness, he's so dramatic sometimes.

Usually, when we do family get-togethers, I have to use bil as a barganing device. sad, I know, but they practically grew up together, and his argument against everything family related (my side of the family anyways) is "if bart doesn't have to go, why do i?"

but now bart is going to be there, dh has yet to give me a solid answer about that one. so, as of right now, dd and I are leaving him behind.

LoveTragedyFun
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Sure, I would take my BFF. No big deal. I love my DH but some time away never hurts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I would do a stay-cation take a couple weeks off and do a bunch of fun day trips maybe an overnight at the beach with my sister.

I wouldn't take the kids to Disney or a resort without my dh because I would want my kids to have those memories with their father as a whole family.
14LVL
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Yes ...! If he says go, then go. The kids deserve that!
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Nope you can't but I have had some great times going just with the kids. I usually had my sister and her kids with us but not always. 

Quoting Fields456:

I have too. It upsets me because I want him to go but can't always get what you want right

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Yes and I have done that. Took the kids on a vacation when he couldn't go. 

Aleta775
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Yes. I have traveled with my dd without my dh before. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I have gone camping and stuff without him...but this time I'm taking the kids to San Diego/sea world. Even though I have a good job...i can't pick up the slack of him missing so much work and pay for a vacation. We keep our money separate..do hes not paying for a vacation he can't go on. .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Yup- I have several times with the kids, and twice with friends. I want to make sure the kids have chances to do something fun, and family vacations are part of that. We don't do extravagent, just camping. Usually with other family members together. But DH has a much harder time taking time off in long spurts, and frankly, he hates camping. So, we go without him. Last summer, our 14yo son did not want to go at all, so he stayed home with dad, while my 10 and 16yo daughters, and 10yo niece and I all went camping for a week over the 4th of July. 

nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM

he can be lol

Quoting momma2mms:

Be glad he doesn't want to go. Sounds like a whiny little girl!

Quoting nverheyn2011:

i'm in sort of the same boat. my mom rented 2 cabins at my all time favorite place, for 9 days. the whole family is going to be there, and some of the people i met down there about 6-7 years ago (i've been going every year since i was 18 months old) might be there (YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! super excited to see them again!!) but dh doesn't want to go. he says he prefers Maryland (he's never even been to where we're going, but already "hates" it because it's MY dream vacation place!)

I told him that if he doesn't want to go, fine. he can stay here and do whatever while dd and I go without him. It'll be more fun without him anyways, being all depressing and whatever. goodness, he's so dramatic sometimes.

Usually, when we do family get-togethers, I have to use bil as a barganing device. sad, I know, but they practically grew up together, and his argument against everything family related (my side of the family anyways) is "if bart doesn't have to go, why do i?"

but now bart is going to be there, dh has yet to give me a solid answer about that one. so, as of right now, dd and I are leaving him behind.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN