Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you go on vacation if...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH couldn't go?? I have an awesome job...8 weeks paid vacation a year. DH.doesn't have a good job...not only can he not get the 9 days off to go on vacation...it would be unpaid. I don't see things changing with his job anytime soon. I want to take a vacation...he says to just take the kids and go without him. I am going to...would you?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
Sassy01
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I have, I have gone on vacation without dh before, for 2 months at a time every other summer, I use to take our girls and go home to Texas and Arkansas to see family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I've done camping without him. This fall, I am taking our girls to Florida to see his dad (FIL) on the coast for a few days, along with a week at WDW. He can't get the time off. He wanted our girls to have this experience while they are still young enough to love it, though. I am paying for most of it out of my own money. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have gone camping and stuff without him...but this time I'm taking the kids to San Diego/sea world. Even though I have a good job...i can't pick up the slack of him missing so much work and pay for a vacation. We keep our money separate..do hes not paying for a vacation he can't go on. .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Yes, but I'd probably ask a friend and her kids or my family to come with. I'd probably be too lonely with just me and the kids lol.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM

No.  We would figure out a way for him to take off a few unpaid days and go on a family vacation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM
My mom might fly out for a day or 2...but the kids and I are driving alone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, but I'd probably ask a friend and her kids or my family to come with. I'd probably be too lonely with just me and the kids lol.

Hyman
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Yes. I have gone on vacation by myself before and it was one of my best times. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
phoebe81
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Can you give him a "stay-cation" while you're gone? Maybe buy him a gift certificate to the golf course or some other fun stuff he can do with his friends while you're gone? 

I'd go if he was ok with it. If it would cause problems within our relationship, I'd make other arrangements. 

leesie86
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I would go if a friend could go with me, or maybe my mom. I don't think it would be much of a vacation if I had to take care of my kids the whole time, but that's just my opinion. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Well....they are 8&10...So old enough to not be a hassle I guess..

Quoting leesie86:

I would go if a friend could go with me, or maybe my mom. I don't think it would be much of a vacation if I had to take care of my kids the whole time, but that's just my opinion. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Well..we keep our money separate..So he could do that if he wanted yes... I think he would just work and be home really...

Quoting phoebe81:

Can you give him a "stay-cation" while you're gone? Maybe buy him a gift certificate to the golf course or some other fun stuff he can do with his friends while you're gone? 

I'd go if he was ok with it. If it would cause problems within our relationship, I'd make other arrangements. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)