Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you go on vacation if...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH couldn't go?? I have an awesome job...8 weeks paid vacation a year. DH.doesn't have a good job...not only can he not get the 9 days off to go on vacation...it would be unpaid. I don't see things changing with his job anytime soon. I want to take a vacation...he says to just take the kids and go without him. I am going to...would you?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
heathakeen
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I would not go with out him.  I would pissed if he went somehwere without me.

Unless your vacation consists of going to visit family.

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM

nope

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Yeah I would. I have. I took DD to visit my cousins in California without him.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM
yep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM

No, I wouldn't.

I would just plan something fun close to home that wouldn't take him having to take any days off of work, and make it just a short... like day trip or something.

Cristie0911
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I sure would.  I do ofter with just my kids and myself. Have fun!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I might and go and take the kids to visit family out of state for a week that he doesn't care to see. but an actual vacation? no way. it wouldn't feel right or be the same if my husband couldn't go too. It just wouldn't be fair and I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself if I knew my husband was stuck at work and not with us enjoying it.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Nope it just isn't the same. I might do something close to home but no way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM

i would ask if they could cash out a couple of weeks so i could take him with and not feel the loss -- some companies will do this but some won't 

phoebe81
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Heh, I sort of guessed you were the type who had "his" money and "her" money. 

I guess I'd just feel really bad leaving my husband at home, even if he were ok with it. I'd want to make sure he would have some fun while I was gone, so if I were able, I'd give him some gift certificates. Do you give your husband gifts other than holidays? You might consider it. It might make the whole going on vacation without him thing a bit more palatable.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well..we keep our money separate..So he could do that if he wanted yes... I think he would just work and be home really...

Quoting phoebe81:

Can you give him a "stay-cation" while you're gone? Maybe buy him a gift certificate to the golf course or some other fun stuff he can do with his friends while you're gone? 

I'd go if he was ok with it. If it would cause problems within our relationship, I'd make other arrangements. 

www.raisingfoxes.blogspot.com

family car

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured