Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you go on vacation if...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH couldn't go?? I have an awesome job...8 weeks paid vacation a year. DH.doesn't have a good job...not only can he not get the 9 days off to go on vacation...it would be unpaid. I don't see things changing with his job anytime soon. I want to take a vacation...he says to just take the kids and go without him. I am going to...would you?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (51-60):
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM

You should go, and do something fun with the kids. But I would not go for too long. Maybe 5 days...

ChevronOwls
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Sure. 

nicole4ray
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
A couple years back my mom invited us to California with her. Dh couldn't get off of work, so me and the kids went without him. and sometimes I visit my sister without him if he can't get time off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM

No

CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM

My husband and I havent taken a vacation together since our honeymoon. We like different things.

RMC007
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM

It would depend. DD and I are going on a cruise in June and Dh can't go. We are going with one of my very good friends, and she is a manager for the cruise line, so we are going as my friend's guests and only have to pay for transportation. DH cannot take the time off of work, plain and simple. I would not go on vacation "just because", but it is not often you are offered a free cruise, and it is going to be a girls' trip. Dh has a great job with paid vacation, but he was denied vacation time for the week we are taking the cruise. We can afford for him to miss a week of work without pay, but he can't just call into work sick for a week. We are going to go on a small family vacation on DH's first week of vacation, and DH is going on a fishing trip with his buddies on his second weekend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Ehhh...not really...we only do 1 gift each on holidays too.
I make more..and we have always.for 8 years..kept our money seperate.... But I'm paying for the vacation on my own...

Quoting phoebe81:

Heh, I sort of guessed you were the type who had "his" money and "her" money. 

I guess I'd just feel really bad leaving my husband at home, even if he were ok with it. I'd want to make sure he would have some fun while I was gone, so if I were able, I'd give him some gift certificates. Do you give your husband gifts other than holidays? You might consider it. It might make the whole going on vacation without him thing a bit more palatable.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well..we keep our money separate..So he could do that if he wanted yes... I think he would just work and be home really...

Quoting phoebe81:

Can you give him a "stay-cation" while you're gone? Maybe buy him a gift certificate to the golf course or some other fun stuff he can do with his friends while you're gone? 

I'd go if he was ok with it. If it would cause problems within our relationship, I'd make other arrangements. 

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I have too and my mom usually goes or is behind the trip to begun with lol

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Nope you can't but I have had some great times going just with the kids. I usually had my sister and her kids with us but not always. 

Quoting Fields456:

I have too. It upsets me because I want him to go but can't always get what you want right

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Yes and I have done that. Took the kids on a vacation when he couldn't go. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM
We are making it a road trip...So 9 days it's pushing it...

Quoting Derari:

You should go, and do something fun with the kids. But I would not go for too long. Maybe 5 days...

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I'm doing it in march.
But my husband is deployed.
I'm going to see my parents for a week in Florida.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)