Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you go on vacation if...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH couldn't go?? I have an awesome job...8 weeks paid vacation a year. DH.doesn't have a good job...not only can he not get the 9 days off to go on vacation...it would be unpaid. I don't see things changing with his job anytime soon. I want to take a vacation...he says to just take the kids and go without him. I am going to...would you?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (61-70):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I would and have.

My kids, like most kids, aren't in school in the summer.  My husbands job never used to allow him to take off time in the summer - it was the busy time of year, getting stuff to manufacturing (he's in software) for Christmas.  This has changed now, since most things are downloaded, but at the time, it's the way it was.

So each year, my kids and I would take a long road trip.  2-3 weeks.  Sometimes, my husband would fly in and join us for a few days, but most of the time it was me and the kids.  And those were GREAT vacations.  Even more important, my kids learned that you don't NEED a man to do things.

So, yeah, I would.  Make it a really fun time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I would. It sucks but I wouldn't want the kids to miss out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM
This is how we are...very different people..we like different things..and do enjoy our time alone..away from each other...
Makes our time we are together better

Quoting CV3:

My husband and I havent taken a vacation together since our honeymoon. We like different things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM
That's awesome...
Agree...to the not needing a man. Mommy can do things and handel things on her own!!

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I would and have.

My kids, like most kids, aren't in school in the summer.  My husbands job never used to allow him to take off time in the summer - it was the busy time of year, getting stuff to manufacturing (he's in software) for Christmas.  This has changed now, since most things are downloaded, but at the time, it's the way it was.

So each year, my kids and I would take a long road trip.  2-3 weeks.  Sometimes, my husband would fly in and join us for a few days, but most of the time it was me and the kids.  And those were GREAT vacations.  Even more important, my kids learned that you don't NEED a man to do things.

So, yeah, I would.  Make it a really fun time.

40sandPreg
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Go!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Yeah, of course!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
phoebe81
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Oh. So you wouldn't even consider it since you're planning on leaving him home alone working while you go have a vacation with your kids? =(

Honestly, if that's your situation, I wouldn't go. Your relationship should be a higher priority than your money/vacation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ehhh...not really...we only do 1 gift each on holidays too.
I make more..and we have always.for 8 years..kept our money seperate.... But I'm paying for the vacation on my own...

Quoting phoebe81:

Heh, I sort of guessed you were the type who had "his" money and "her" money. 

I guess I'd just feel really bad leaving my husband at home, even if he were ok with it. I'd want to make sure he would have some fun while I was gone, so if I were able, I'd give him some gift certificates. Do you give your husband gifts other than holidays? You might consider it. It might make the whole going on vacation without him thing a bit more palatable.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well..we keep our money separate..So he could do that if he wanted yes... I think he would just work and be home really...

Quoting phoebe81:

Can you give him a "stay-cation" while you're gone? Maybe buy him a gift certificate to the golf course or some other fun stuff he can do with his friends while you're gone? 

I'd go if he was ok with it. If it would cause problems within our relationship, I'd make other arrangements. 

www.raisingfoxes.blogspot.com

family car

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM
If he can't take a vacation, then you will be waiting a long time to go if you choose to not go without him.
gizmo538
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I probably wouldn't go anywhere unless the kids were out of school. Then I'd probably take them out, providing I had the money. I still wouldn't go very far from DH though. That's just me though, I'd miss my DH too much :)

CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I would love for my husband to enjoy or be interested in the things I am and he feels the same about me but neither of us wants to force the other. I recently went to Mexico for a week and He will be going to Indianna this summer (it sounds unfair, but this is what he wanted) The only vacations we both agree on are Vegas (we got married there and want to buy a timeshare eventually) and Disney (but we dont plan on doing that till our son is at least fully potty trained) Other than that, I head for beaches and camping and he heads for gamer conventions and snow.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is how we are...very different people..we like different things..and do enjoy our time alone..away from each other...
Makes our time we are together better

Quoting CV3:

My husband and I havent taken a vacation together since our honeymoon. We like different things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)