Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish...

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Youngest daughter is a college student and her fiance is working fulltime. They have two babies, Grand Holly and Grand Cody, ages one and two. I babysat them last weekend.

My daughter asked me to sit for them temporarily because although she scheduled her classes for times her fiance was off work, his job abruptly changed his work schedule and now they will both be out of the home at the same time. They have a daycare right down the road, and she has a scholorship that provides free vouchers for daycare. She and her fiance think the daycare would be better for the kids to learn social skills and things like that.  Secretly, I am hoping that the daycare doesn't accept their voucher, though, because I really really love babysitting my Grands. It was so much fun! 

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Fingers crossed for you !

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Why not just offer to babysit them permanently?

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I did. But their voucher is free and the daycare is closer than me. They also think the daycare is better for socialization. Grand Holly has a bit of a lisp and they think putting her in with other kids will help her to learn better pronunciation.

Quoting CeeGee81:

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Fingers crossed that they won't accept the voucher!

Quoting Sanctimommy:

I did. But their voucher is free and the daycare is closer than me. They also think the daycare is better for socialization. Grand Holly has a bit of a lisp and they think putting her in with other kids will help her to learn better pronunciation.

Quoting CeeGee81:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Is your  other daughter still on here?  Havent seen her post in ages!

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM

She's busy with college, too. I think she posts once in a while, but not as much as when she is between semesters.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is your  other daughter still on here?  Havent seen her post in ages!

KTU
by Kim on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe they can do PT daycare, PT with you? If they do take the vouchers, then you may want to offer it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM

That voucher could go to someone who doesnt have such a wonderful parent to watch their kids.

I have been on that waiting list for years. My oldest starts Kindergarten this year. So much for help. :\

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Quoting CeeGee81:

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Good idea. The only not-so-fun thing about sitting is when I cook their meals. The two of them stand at the babygate and scream in impatient rage, shaking the gate like tiny Vikings, ready to storm the kitchen if they can manage to knock it loose. I'm chopping and cooking like crazy trying to prepare their meal in time all the while saying, "But I can't feed you raw meat, little ones, you're not tigers...".

Lol. 

Quoting KTU:

Maybe they can do PT daycare, PT with you? If they do take the vouchers, then you may want to offer it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Fingers crossed for you !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)