Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What about history should every American know?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM

The REAL story of Thanksgiving.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:02 PM

true Native American history. actually I'd say ALL history because I love history though ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM
The reasons behind the civil war. Mainly the fact that slavery was only one of many causes...
mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM

ALL of history is important. If we don't know what has happened before, then we can't learn from it. The problem with learning history is that, usually, it is written by the victors in any conflict, so you don't get the whole story or, in some cases, the real story. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM

You know what I wish was taught more in school? (Well mine at least). The history of your own town or city. My family has a lot of really historical ties to my city, and I really didn't know anything about anything until I graduated and started talking to people. I knew of a few important figures in my city's history, but I never knew WHY they were famous!

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM

The story of Jamestown, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, Carpet baggers, the Trail of Tears, Wounded Knee, Suffrage, WWI, WWII, Civil Rights Movement, Jim Crow, Korean War, Vietnam War, Kuwait War, up to current events.

BDolphins82
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Pretty much everything.  Do you know that Hitler actually attacked America in our waters off I believe the Carolina's coast? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN