Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

showering with a child

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
do you do it? have you done it? what are your thoughts on it? I shower with my dd always have. she showers alone a lot but when I have I to shower she goes with me I have no one to watch her and its easier to let her in and play with her toys. she is almost 4 she hasn't asked any questions yet when she does I will anwer them.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I did with my boys until they were 2.5.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I do manly because it started when we found mold in the walls of the other bathroom after a friend who was house sitting put his hand on the wall and it went through..and it took the landlord literally a year to fix it to working order..so she had too all we had was a stand up shower and she was only 2. after a year it became habit now at age 3 I let her choose a shower or bath..what she chooses depends on her mood

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Yep. I shower with my 3 and 6 yo. I wash them super fast, and get them out. My DH dries them up and gets them in PJs. It's like a 5 minute shower.

mylovey
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Yes, we do. I think as long as child/parent is comfortable with it, go for it. My daughter has been asking questions since 2, lol. We are honest with her.  

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

gblossom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I always shower with my daughter :)

Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM
My husband always showers with our boys and i always shower with my daughter. They are 5,3,3, and 2 and they have never asked questions. When my boys were real small i used to shower with them as well.
1CrazyCajun
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I bathed with my son when he was a infant, then my husband would dry him off. But I don't now. I think after 2ish, it should stop, but that just my opinion.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Are you more laid back?Come join other like minded moms.

Hyman
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Yes. Our shower door swings open so it is impossible to get a shower alone ;D

But I always have loved having a shower and bath with my son. It was such a nice way to calm us. Now he's 18 mo old and its not relaxing. Lol. More like splashing and water squirting everywhere :D
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittney28
by Brittney on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I did with my son till he was around 3 and I do with my daughter that is 16 months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lindilouwho82
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM

My DD showered with my until she was about three, maybe even four. It was always easier in the morning before work to have her in there with me, playing with toys, washing her real quick then to bath her separately.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN