Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why didn't you just put me up for adoption or let me die?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

My mom accidently spilled a boiling kettle on me when I was 8 months old.  I was in the hopital for nearly two months and have permanent scars to my left shoulder and most of my back.

My mom was always angry and resentful toward me.  She even told me that she wasn't able to love me the same after that.  She told me she got pregnant again so I would have a sibling who loved me because she couldn't. 

I went through seven painful skin graft operations through my child and teen years.  I was never allowed to discuss my burns or operations and was never offered any support as a child or teen struggling with image issues because I was burned.

As a teen I hated myself and thought I was a monster and a freak. If my own parents couldn't love me how could anyone else?  I began to cut because I thought that is what I deserved.

As an adult I learned to cope and deal and make a good life for myself.  But today my mom pulled another one of her exceptionaly mean and hurtful stunts.  And now I am shoveling down Haugen Das bars and trying to fight the urge to cut.  I'll be fine but I can't believe she still has so much power to hurt me.  I can't help but wonder what my life would have been like if she'd been honest and let me go.  I wish she had given me up for adoption I don't understand how after all these years she still wants to hurt me.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM

So sorry :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Omg. I am so sorry :(

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM
4 moms liked this
you are an adult. you do not need to keep another adult in your life that hurts you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM

i am so so sorry you had to go through all that, what did she do to hurt you this time?

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM
3 moms liked this

everytime she looks at you she sees guilt, shame and she doesn't even understand it herself - she loves you but has so much guilt for hurting you it has turned ugly because she never got the help she needed to understand her own feelings -- you both need therapy together and apart --- my heart aches for you 

Kylie819
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Cut that wench out of your life. She doesn't deserve you, anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Wtf? She's not your mom, she mothered you. Why do you still talk to her and let her into your life?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM

you need to cut her from your life completely.  she probably chooses to hurt you then admit the guilt that she is probably spent your whole life fighting.  IDk.. if I accidentally did that to my baby... i dont' think i could ever stop hating myself. 

ElyseFowler
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Sweetie you have depression and I can't say that I blame you. You hold a lot of resentment towards her and I can't say that I blame you. That was something very horrible for her to do!! If you ever need to talk to someone who has been in a similar sitiuation as you feel free to message me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Im sorry you went through that...you should consider cutting her out of your life you deserve to have only the people who love you around you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)