Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf is this??!!!

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Replies (241-250):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Off to work to herd up some grand daddy longlegs eh? ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thought the last reply was your last? Lol

You do know there is more than type of daddy long legs right? You do know they are not only found in the US right?

Where is your PHD?

Oh you don't have one. You go by what tv and internet says. I go by my WORK with spiders. Smh

And btw, just cuz you show your sn doesn't mean you are not anon. Everyone is anon on the internet genius.

I'm off to work. Have a great ignorant day!

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

jstine86
by Justine on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I don't have anymore pics. The broom one is the closest pic I have. 

Quoting Kleotide:

Is there any way you can give us a close up of the spider?  I'd love to see if it has any patterns on it's legs or abdomen. 

Quoting jstine86:

Central California. In the foot hills

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

either a wolf spider, brown recluse, or the hobo spider (a spider from the wolf spider family) where do you live? It would be easier to figure out the spider if you could tell us your state

lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
A bad ass spider according to my SO
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Emiliush
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM

scarrrrrrry. !!!!!!!!! wow... didn't think about kids playing there. hahaa... my bro got bite by a spider one time he was fine though!!!! so yeahhh deff gonna have to check before. ughhh i wish they were somewhere else, not where ppl live!!

Quoting jstine86:

Black widows are extremely common here. I freaking hate them!! Luckily we don't find them in the house too often, but last summer we kept finding them on our porch. It got to the point where I had to check before I let my son play outside. (He's 2) We kept finding them on our porch steps, right where he likes to play. I'm not looking forward to this summer. 

Quoting Emiliush:

ohh scarry!!!!ughhh i don't know.. go to the library and get a spider dictionary and look at pictures. :) keep us informed

we found 2 black widows in the back yard... my mom was taking some wood and there it was, luckily she didnt got bite and my dad killed them!!!!!!

Kleotide
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Did it look anything like this?  It's a spider in Cali that looks about right.  Especially with how the legs darken towared the tips.  It's acalled a Zoropsis Spinimana if you want to look up more photos.  Generally they are considered harmless.  Similar marking too.  (see the line going down the abdomen on your broom pic?)  

Quoting jstine86:

Quoting Kleotide:

Is there any way you can give us a close up of the spider?  I'd love to see if it has any patterns on it's legs or abdomen. 

Quoting jstine86:

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

either a wolf spider, brown recluse, or the hobo spider (a spider from the wolf spider family) where do you live? It would be easier to figure out the spider if you could tell us your state

jstine86
by Justine on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM

That looks about right! There are a few in google images that look almost exactly like the one we found here! If it is, the sites have all said they like to live in the house. :/ Great. Also, that it's new in California? Very interesting. Thanks :)

Quoting Kleotide:

Did it look anything like this?  It's a spider in Cali that looks about right.  Especially with how the legs darken towared the tips.  It's acalled a Zoropsis Spinimana if you want to look up more photos.  Generally they are considered harmless.  Similar marking too.  (see the line going down the abdomen on your broom pic?)  

Quoting jstine86:

Quoting Kleotide:

Quoting jstine86:

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

Kleotide
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Np.  It looks about right!.  If you have killed it (or not) there are a few labs in cali that are calling out for them to be sent to them.  They are trying to track it's spread.  So if you can send it in. :)

Quoting jstine86:

That looks about right! There are a few in google images that look almost exactly like the one we found here! If it is, the sites have all said they like to live in the house. :/ Great. Also, that it's new in California? Very interesting. Thanks :)

Quoting Kleotide:

Quoting jstine86:

Quoting Kleotide:

Quoting jstine86:

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

Kleotide
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Here's a link to one place asking for them:

http://www.calacademy.org/science/citizen_science/spider/

Quoting Kleotide:

Np.  It looks about right!.  If you have killed it (or not) there are a few labs in cali that are calling out for them to be sent to them.  They are trying to track it's spread.  So if you can send it in. :)

Quoting jstine86:

Quoting Kleotide:

Quoting jstine86:

Quoting Kleotide:

Quoting jstine86:

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM
This is why I always check the ceiling, before getting in the shower.
Lmao, this has happened to me.

Quoting Zazayam:

Think this is a wolf spider.. IDK what yours is, something to run away from...

This was on the ceiling in my shower, I didn't notice it until I leaned back to rinse the shampoo from my hair. Ran soapy naked and screaming to the other end of the house...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN