Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my step kids mom has gone AWOL...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Originally she was supposed to get the kids Saturday evening but since dh was off Sunday we wanted to keep them until that evening. We didn't hear anything all day yesterday about when she was picking them up and since they didn't have school today we decided to keep them another night. Dh had to work today so he sent her a text letting her know I would drop them off around noon. At 11 last night she texted back that she had an appt until 5 and would get them then. Well thanks for the heads up. Her dd tried to call earlier and no answer. I sent a text asking when she would be here so I can have them ready and nothing. It's after 5 and I haven't heard a thing all day. She's with her boyfriend. I know this because she's posting it all over fb. She's been doing this crap a lot lately to the point her mom even called dh worried about how she is spiriling out of control. I don't know what to do. I can't take them over there because chances are she isn't home. I'm all for keeping them hell I'd be fine with dh getting custody if it meant we didn't have to put up with this shit anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM
We havent seen my step kids mom in 3 years. I hope you hear from her soon.
angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Sad when a woman or man puts another man or woman before their kids.

N_maricle
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:28 PM
How irresponsible!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2beautiesnb
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Time for custody!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM

WOW......do they have school tomorrow???

If not you may have them another night......kwim

It sounds like they would be better off with y'all

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM

If this is something that is happening more and more, have DH file an emergency custody hearing the next time it happens.  He can request full custody, and withdrawl of child support.  Make sure he does screen captures of her FB page so that he can show the court that she's actually been ditching the child. 

It would be better for the little girl to be with dad and you rather than an absenty mom who clearly has her head stuck up her ass.

cara124
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Time to go to court & get coustody
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Yes they do. :( it's not a problem keeping them another night if we have to. I just feel bad because they know what's going on. They keep asking what time she is getting them.

Quoting Sassy762:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM

They should stay with y'all all the time if she is like this....

Would she fight DH if he asked for sole custody??

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they do. :( it's not a problem keeping them another night if we have to. I just feel bad because they know what's going on. They keep asking what time she is getting them.

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM
That's our plan. She's really just lost and seems to have no interest in them. Even when they are home I have evidence of her going out on week nights. It's no wonder their grades are suffering!

Quoting Melissa_4:

If this is something that is happening more and more, have DH file an emergency custody hearing the next time it happens.  He can request full custody, and withdrawl of child support.  Make sure he does screen captures of her FB page so that he can show the court that she's actually been ditching the child. 

It would be better for the little girl to be with dad and you rather than an absenty mom who clearly has her head stuck up her ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured