Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My brother says "that's not right"

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 171 Replies

that I see my 12 year old son naked. It's not like we're all walking around naked all day. If my son takes his bath during the day (he sometimes likes gettin it outta the way), I'll usually be in the bathroom putting on my makeup while he's bathing. He'll come out after his bath naked sometimes just to fart and then runs back in the bathroom laughing. My brother seemed really bothered by the fact that I don't have an issue with my son being naked around me. He is starting to go through puberty and is getting hair. (ugghh, where'd my baby go?). We're a pretty laid back family. We all pee with the door open, I'll walk around in a t-shirt and underwear but my shirt always covers my thighs. My brother made me feel pretty bad. I was pretty much shocked by his reaction when he discovered that I see my kid naked. I don't see anything wrong with it, do you ladies?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM
7 moms liked this
I agree with your brother.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM
5 moms liked this

I have two sons. I probably wouldnt be comfortable with it when they are that age, but I dont think it's WRONG for your family to be more open than mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM

He is getting pretty big, you would think he'd want privacy.

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Run. Run Now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I think after puberty it's really weird. I know it's okay in some cultures but in my opinion it's inappropriate. And I'm pretty laidback about kids and nudity.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aidansmommy219
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I agree with your brother also.

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't see the issue with it. As long as everyone is comfortable with it, then it is not a big deal. Some people are really wound too tight when it comes to being naked. 

SoKamele
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, that would make me uncomfortable too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Nothing wrong with it. I'm glad you've not made him self conscious and uptight. Our bodies are ours for our entire lives. No sense in starting out ASHAMED of the soul container God gave you.
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I think there's something to be said about his comfort with you - at least he isn't hiding anything lol.  I, however, probably wouldn't be comfortable with it but my family was different - we were all very private with that stuff (my mom was even uncomfortable giving me "the talk" about puberty and sex).  If it's what works for you, then so be it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN