Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH would NEVER cheat on me! **EDIT**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why is it so hard for some women to believe that there are faithful men in this world?

If I had even a small suspicion that DH would cheat on me, I would have never married him. lol!

I feel bad for women who feel like they cannot expect fidelity and commitment from the man they chose to marry.

SORRY LADIES. I CHOOSE NOT TO LIVE MY LIFE "PREPARING" FOR THE DAY DH DECIDES TO BE UNFAITHFUL. LOL! I KNOW MY DH, I KNOW MYSELF, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WE BOTH RESPECT OUR RELATIONSHIP ENOUGH TO COMMUNICATE WHEN ONE OF US ISN'T FEELING COMPLETELY EMOTIONALLY, PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY, OR SEXUALLY FULFILLED.

DH WOULD NEVER CHEAT ON ME AND I FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE CURRENTLY IN A RELATIONSHIP IN WHICH YOU ARE UNABLE TO FEEL THE SAME.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Replies (231-239):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM

You'd feel really dumb then if he did cheat on you then.  Everyone has the ability to cheat so dont ever say omg no way would he ever do that. Everyone whos ever been cheated on thought that their s/o "could never do that!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:24 PM
It has more to do with respect than desire. If he ever felt like he wanted to be with someone else or his feelings for me ever changed he has enough respect for me to discuss it and find a resolution or end the relationship instead of cheating.

Quoting Anonymous:

You'd feel really dumb then if he did cheat on you then.  Everyone has the ability to cheat so dont ever say omg no way would he ever do that. Everyone whos ever been cheated on thought that their s/o "could never do that!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't know that, you are not him nor do you run his brain. Please dont be that naive. What you're saying is what every woman says.

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I don't think your naive.  It's a beautiful feeling and relationship to have.  That said, women who deal with it differently don't need you to feel sorry for them.  And, based on the rate of divorce and cheating, you are definately in the minority.

Women (as with all people) learn from their experiences.  If a woman has had someone cheat on them before, that lends to how they handle their future relationships. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I was actually waiting for a bash fest... telling me how naive I am. So thank you =)

Quoting ginger813:

I agree!

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Yeah, we said all that good stuff too.  Didn't stop the hubby from having an emotional affair in year 12 of our marriage.  Desire will kick respect right out the damn door.

Quoting Anonymous:

It has more to do with respect than desire. If he ever felt like he wanted to be with someone else or his feelings for me ever changed he has enough respect for me to discuss it and find a resolution or end the relationship instead of cheating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally agree with you
When DH and I first started dating we had the "cheating" conversation..and we are both on the same page. We've had people cheat on us before and we know the betrayal and hurt that comes from it. We both said that should we EVER feel the urge to cheat we would have enough respect for the other person to talk to them and let them know that things weren't working. Breaking up is hard enough without adding the betrayal of cheating. Once broken up..do whatever you want.

So I know he'll never cheat on me...and he knows I'll never cheat on him. Even after being together for years we're still very much in love and we love being together.

shortlilartist
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

agree! i def know some guys out their ruin the image of a real man for some women. its sad. its too bad a few crappy men give all men a bad name. my hubby is amazing. a sexy, sweet, old soul, a gentleman. 7 years later he still opens doors and compliments me daily. we have a friend whos wife cheated on him after 11 years and my hubby was devastated for him. still talks about it and we found out 6 months ago. he just cant understand how someone would cheat. he always says if either of us are unhappy or missing something we respect eachother enough to talk about it no matter how hard it is. communication is key. and he is right. too many ppl take the easy way out. there are good men jsut like there are good women. it used to annoy me when ignorant girls said all men cheat but i know i got a good one, i'm lucky and as long as i know thats all that matters.

shortlilartist
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM

sorry to hear that, he obviously didnt deserve u. but just because he changed his tune doesnt mean all men change like that. i agree with anonymous. my husband has always been repulsed by cheaters. and recenlty his good friend's wife cheated on his friend and my hubby was distraught. he was raised with amazing morals and is one of those ppl who just hates cheaters so i really believe him when he says if we ever have issues no matter how hard it was, he would discuss it with me, seperate from me, anything, but he could never dislike me enough to cheat and loose his morals. some men, some people in general like me, feel like that. i personally really believe i couldnt cheat. i wouldnt be able to forgive myself so i know if i am ever tempted its something i will handle and discuss to fix it or get out. never stoop to cheat.  i think its dispicable to hurt someone for ur own selfish reasons.

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Yeah, we said all that good stuff too.  Didn't stop the hubby from having an emotional affair in year 12 of our marriage.  Desire will kick respect right out the damn door.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Jessica*

shell3m
by Shell on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree 100%!!  :)

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)