Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when someone tells me they homeschool, I automatically feel bad for the kid.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm sure there are specific cases which are an exception....but all the adults I've ever met that were homeschooled as a child have been weird as hell. I don't know if it's a trend or not...but I sure as hell am not going to do that to my kid!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM

yep...

Quoting Anonymous:

agreed.  All these GED or HS diploma only moms homeschooling are truly scary. 

CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:04 PM
2 moms liked this

You are def wrong. I know lots of homeschool kids. Teachers, one plays women's basketball in college, one is in theater, she is amazing and stunning. 2 are in nursing school and several others that are still kids but they don't seem akward at all. They have high moral standards,  sports and hobbies many through the school district..

They all seem great, very respectful and happy. 

tennisgal
10 moms liked this

study after study has shown that a parent's level of education has almost ZILCH to do with a child's success with homeschooling.

Quoting Anonymous:

agreed.  All these GED or HS diploma only moms homeschooling are truly scary. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:04 PM
5 moms liked this

I feel bad for all the kids I know who are stuck in the public school system that I had to attend as a child. 

I know not all school systems are bad, but damned if the one I graduated from has not only gotten worse but has also gotten unsafe since I was enrolled in it.

Josie_P

I don't think it's weird. Just...different. I know in America, homeschooling may be the norm but in my country, it really isn't. Kids go out to school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure that it's not always the case but every person I've come in contact with who has been homeschooled has been extremely awkward. One guy I knew before he even told me lol.

Mama_Dolly

good for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I know quite a few homeschooled kids that are not "weird as hell" 

nicki1018
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Feel all kinds of bad for my kids then... I homeschool the crap out of them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Not true, my BFF home schools her 5 kids and they do way more than my children. They are part of the homeschool coop, which offers them music lessons, sports, holiday parties, park days, swimming lessons, field trips  ect. All done by the other parents.

They are doing something at least 3 days a week with the kids. That alone makes me wish I homeschool, seems so fun!

Quoting elliotmommytobe:

They dont get as much socialization as children who attend public school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)