Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?!? And BE HONEST..

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 14 Replies

Picture message sent from Pinger

What would you do if your watching this movie on bullying..and you see YOUR child bullying, punching, choking, and beating on another child?
And the whole world just watch your child be bully..what would you do? How would you handle this of you had no clue your child was the one doing the "picking on"?

And to flip the script, your watching this movie and it's your child crying, being punched, and picked on?

One boy in this movie (who you can tell is a little on the slow side) thinks these kids hurting him are his friends. He thinks what they do to him is normal..

Lets keep this clean..I don't want this post shut down..I am just asking and would like others views..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I would assume anyone depicted in this movie would have signed a release.  If not I'd sue and I'm not sue happy.  One snippet of someones life does not a full picuture make and either bully or bullied, being depicted this way could ruin their lives. 

dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:33 AM
You didn't answer the question..what would you do if your child was the doing the bullying?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would assume anyone depicted in this movie would have signed a release.  If not I'd sue and I'm not sue happy.  One snippet of someones life does not a full picuture make and either bully or bullied, being depicted this way could ruin their lives. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:37 AM
If my son was doing the bullying he would be punished accordingly. I dont tolerate that behavior. If my son was being bullied i do everything in my power to stop it. Too many kids are hurting them selves over being bullied. We need to stop it!
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:44 AM
I would assume I need professional help to handle the situation. And I'd feel like a failure, if my kid was the bully.
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I would tell my kid to defend the slow one. if he gets suspended for it so be it. my ss run into that situation on the bus. a downs kid was bieng picked on. he said I wanted to beat the bullies up but I didn't want to get in trouble. we told him to do it there will be no punishment at home. if it was my kid doing the bullying it would not be good. I would handle it but not real sure how. if it was my kid on the recieving end I would teach him to fight.

dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:50 AM
My son has Aspergers and gets picked on, dh is teaching him to fight back..

Quoting opinionatedmom:

I would tell my kid to defend the slow one. if he gets suspended for it so be it. my ss run into that situation on the bus. a downs kid was bieng picked on. he said I wanted to beat the bullies up but I didn't want to get in trouble. we told him to do it there will be no punishment at home. if it was my kid doing the bullying it would not be good. I would handle it but not real sure how. if it was my kid on the recieving end I would teach him to fight.

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM

garantee if my boys seen it they would take care of the bully for him. dh is doing the right thing.

Quoting dallascowboys82:

My son has Aspergers and gets picked on, dh is teaching him to fight back..

Quoting opinionatedmom:

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Another reason I homeschool.

GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Well 1) I would be mad because I didn't sign a consent for them to be in said movie and 2) have a serious talk with my kids.  But, that would happen regardless, because we have a tendancy to talk about all the movies we see.

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:01 AM

It is really hard for me to picture my kids bullying anyone, my son refuses to play football because he does not want to hurt someone.  If my child was the bully the first thing I would do is make a trip to the school and see if I could meet with the parents and the child and my child would be giving an apology to the child and the parents.  They would also lose anything fun at home for a few weeks.  My daughter was bullied at one time and it got to the point the police had to become involved and that is exactly what I would do again if I had to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured