Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on Sophia. *Final update*

Sophia is still with us, but is doing very poorly. She has a small pneumonia, so her oxygen requirements have gone from .75 liters per hour to 5 liters per hour. We have been keeping her sedated with Fenobarbitol and Morphine. Her O2 sats have been hanging around the low to mid 80s, and her breathing is getting very labored. 

Due to her high oxygen requirements, we've had to switch her from a nasal cannula to an oxygen mask. We were able to get her one with a penguin on it. It's pretty cute, for an oxygen mask. 

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. I'll try to continue keeping you all updated.

Sophia has slipped into a coma. Her breathing is very slow and shallow. It's only a matter of hours now.

Sophia passed away peacefully in her sleep at 8:19 this morning. Thank you all for your prayers and condolances.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:07 AM
Replies (31-40):
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My heart aches for you and your baby girl. I'm sending prayers your way...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hudson.maggie
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I pray for strength for your little girl and your family. I'm soo sorry your going through this. :(
Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Thank you. I've been following this since last year... Do you mind if I ask what state you live in? I'm thankful for the update.

I went through something kind of similar., but I can't compare.. When I was 5 months pregnant I found out that the little baby boy I was carrying was diagnosed with trisomy 18 through amniocentesis. They said I could abort. No way . I chose to carry him to term and give him a fighting chance.. Well he died inside me and I went through 31 hours of labor and deliverd him . ( no cesarean. ) it was hard.

I am in no way saying this was harder. I don't think it was . I just know what it's like to wait for this to happen... Hugs momma.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM
what else is wrong with her? I'm
Sorry I don't know
The story.
heavenly1462
by Jessica on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Im so sorry. Sending prayers and hugs your way!
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:45 AM

My prayers are with you.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:46 AM

hugs love! im so sorry:(

Behindthelense
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I'm so sorry. ((hugs))

lovemyirish
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I'm sorry. I don't know your story, but I'm still sorry for everything you're going threw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:53 AM
6 moms liked this
Dear Heavenly Father,
Please give this family the strength and courage to make it through this difficult time. Fill them with your love and grace. Let them feel the support that surrounds them. Give them guidance and heal their hearts.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured