Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: What religion are you?

Options:

Aithiest/non-believe

Agnostic/Unsure at the moment

Christian based (catholic, baptist, mormon, lothrin, etc)

Islamic religions (muslim, and a liist of others)

Judaism (Jewish based religions)

East Asian religions (budhism, taoism, confusiousism)

Paganism (wicca, druidism, witches, native beliefs, african beliefs, south american beliefs etc)

Hinduism

Any religion that doesn't fall under the above unbrealla terms

Satanism or other similar beliefs

Fictional religions like scientology or Jedi

Occult, voodo etc

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 188

View Results

Since it has been such a hot topic of late....

★Check me out

Read, Watch, Chat!

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Replies (101-106):
SciFiMama91
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I'm not the anon you're quoting but all beliefs come into being at some point. An example of this would be Wicca, it is relatively new but it is not fake.

Quoting eliptica24:

this post wasnt meant to debate or argue, i was just curious to see the percentage. clearly you are too heated and nothing in this response even has to do with the topic. i can debate fine, and btw arguing and debating are very different things. stop usingt he non button if your not embarrassed to believe in waht you believe bc if you are embarrased of it, then you really shouldnt follow it. as for the last statement, light and dark are in every religion, satan and god, night and day, light and dark in pagan believes etc so forth. the religion sure as shit didnt exist prior to the movies hence it is fictional.

Quoting Anonymous:

YOU shouldn't try to argue with someone if you're only reading the first sentence!!! You shouldn't make posts like this if you're not going to be able to properly reply/debate!!! I understand you have a disability, but for fuck's sake, you can't expect everyone to know that about you and then people just think you're being a bitch. I should have heard you complain about those things?? I only know your SN and your reputation, I don't follow every comment you make. YOU need to assume people DON'T know these things about you... how is anyone supposed to know unless you tell them?? Add a disclaimer to your posts asking people to sum it up the best they can....

regardless, all I'm really asking is that you don't call someone's beliefs fictional... I dont' believe in god but I'm not going around saying that Christianity isn't real b/c I'm ONE person who doesn't believe it...

Quoting eliptica24:

just like the last long one, i only read the first sentence. if you know im blind you should have heard i have complained about reading small font, a lengthy amount, causes severe eye strain who makes a headache that i am not really willing to get just on or for this site. so if you can something up in like a small paragraph then i can read it without buggin out my eyes so bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm aware that you're blind, but if you can read part of a post you should take the time to read the whole thing so that you get the full point, the full effect... if you're only reading part, then you're only half-informed when you try to debate something....

I never once said that the Jedi religion was popular, just that it's not fictional!!!

if you would have fully read what I wrote, I wouldn't have to point that out....

I referenced it to POPULAR CULTURE (aka Star Wars) since that's where the name was taken from...

I just feel that you shoulnt' refer to someone's beliefs as FICTIONAL. If it were fictional it would not exist in real life. This DOES, it doesn't have to be popular to exist.

Quoting eliptica24:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JadsW
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a damn, dirty Buddhist. (BTW, you spelled it wrong.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I was Christened Lutheran but consider myself Agnostic.

eliptica24
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM

i get your point, but paganism has been around since majority of jesus/jewish type religions. but when i mean created, i am talking about people who create religions for tax purposes, where there is isnt really a faith but only gain for the creator.wicca doesnt have churches really sept UU's from my understanding so there isnt really that non-tax thing with that. does that make sense? im  really tired

Quoting SciFiMama91:

I'm not the anon you're quoting but all beliefs come into being at some point. An example of this would be Wicca, it is relatively new but it is not fake.

Quoting eliptica24:

★Check me out

Read, Watch, Chat!

SciFiMama91
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Yes, Paganism has, but Wicca specifically has been around less than a century. It is not my nor your place to deem one's faith fictional. If a person feels a pull to it, it is real.

As for the question in the OP, I am a Celtic Pagan.

Quoting eliptica24:

i get your point, but paganism has been around since majority of jesus/jewish type religions. but when i mean created, i am talking about people who create religions for tax purposes, where there is isnt really a faith but only gain for the creator.wicca doesnt have churches really sept UU's from my understanding so there isnt really that non-tax thing with that. does that make sense? im  really tired

Quoting SciFiMama91:

Quoting eliptica24:

LaceNBklyn
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I just believe in God
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured