Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can you just pull off a skin tag?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It's not too big and I can get a good grip on it.

Is it dangerous? Can I get cancer or something like when you mess with a mole?  Will it bleed are ridiculous amount?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:27 AM

My DH cuts his off all the time. He buys new sharp scissors, steralizes them and the area well and goes to town.. Just make sure everything isclean and that you keep it cleaned until it heals.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Oh crap i did that tonight, WHY didnt anyine tell me..... ....... LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Everyone know you get toenail cancer from clipping your tonails and shaving your arms. Jeeze.

Quoting Anonymous:

You will get toenail cancers and die. Although, I honestly have no clue. I have one on my arm that's pissing me off. No idea how to get rid of it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:39 AM
It's not too late to start reversing the process. But you can never clip your tonails again. And only shave your left arm with a toenail from your right foot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Interesting. Maybe that's why I lost one of my toenails and I need to have another one taken off. Damn my luck.. but I'm confused, am I clipping my toenails with a razor, or shaving my arms with my toenail? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Everyone know you get toenail cancer from clipping your tonails and shaving your arms. Jeeze.

Quoting Anonymous:

You will get toenail cancers and die. Although, I honestly have no clue. I have one on my arm that's pissing me off. No idea how to get rid of it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Its ok. I've done it a few times too. But now you know. Don't let it happen again. If you're really worried follow the instructions I just gave the other anon. It works. I promise. She's already lost a toenail. Don't make the same mistake!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh crap i did that tonight, WHY didnt anyine tell me..... ....... LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:19 AM

1 - messing with a mole won't cause it to become cancerous.  2.  You can remove skin tags at home, it just might hurt a lot and bleed a lot -- be safe because you won't want to get a raging infection 3.  I've removed skin tags AND moles at home (small ones) and had them stay away, so it can be done effectively. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:27 AM

If they are small it won't hurt but a tiny bit and only a tiny blood.  I got a bunch with this last pregnancy and pulled some off myself while others just disappeared on their own overtime.  No big deal.

peaches_04
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Mix caster oil and baking soda into a paste and rub it on the tag....takes a couple weeks but a lot less painfull/messy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sara877
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM

You can't get cancer from it. It's just made from collagen fibres and blood vessels surrounded by a thickend or epidermis. If it's small you can cut it off though. Clean the area first and be ready with gauze. If it bleeds loads seek help.

I had a tiny one I cut off. Was fine :)

My site :) Cosmetbeauty.com a work in progress

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM

thanks I snipped it off with nail clippers already, pu a bandaid for a day and its fine. :)

Quoting sara877:

You can't get cancer from it. It's just made from collagen fibres and blood vessels surrounded by a thickend or epidermis. If it's small you can cut it off though. Clean the area first and be ready with gauze. If it bleeds loads seek help.

I had a tiny one I cut off. Was fine :)

Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Tie a peice of dental floss or string around it. Cuts off the blood supply and it'll fall off after three to five days. Doesn't hurt or leave a scar.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN