Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you don't know what it is like to lose all hope don't judge.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you have never been so lost you don't know where to turn.

If you have never sat thinking that no one loves you.

If you have ever been so depressed and in so much pain you want the pain to stop.

If you have never lost everything you ever loved and felt you had no other way out.

Don't judge those who take their own lives.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:19 AM
An act of desperation took my dad from us and I wish I could've saved him and all my family from the pain his suicide caused. I don't judge because the pain they feel must be horrible to put a person at so low of a point that they don't realize how much pain they will cause those that love them. I pray everyday that one more person will get help so that one less family will go through what my family has.
SoKamele
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Completely selfish.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM
After watching what suicide has done to my aunt and niece, ill never do that to my family and/or children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudmumof5
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I have been going thru a lot this past year, and was feeling miserable as ever, then i received a phone call that my 9 year old daughter has written 2 suicide letters.  That snapped me out of a lot, quick.  I think back on the times I have gone thru and was ready to give up, and how I got thru it.  Its not easy at all, and its a very hard feeling to overcome, I have to keep reminding myself that this will not be like this forever, and that things will get better. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I am glad to see you had the ability to over come those things in your life...that was your strength though and your mind set  not everyone has the same strength and the same mind set as you did/do. your bottom may not have been as bad as others bottoms. you were able to push through and that is wonderful but others brains and ability works differently than yours. you can see your situation however you want as it is yours but how can you judge others....unless you have walked there road and spent a day in there head you really have no place.

Quoting EvilAsh:

I know what it feels like to nearly die when I was taking things for granted. I never will take things for granted again. I know what it's like to lose loved ones, it hurts enough. I will judge those that take their own lives. It's a coward's way out.  I've been down to the bottom before, haven't had the best life, but I pull myself up even when i'm down the most. Makes no sense how anyone, especially with kids, can take their own lives. Only thinking of themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

i often wonder how people can say this! a person can never know what another person is feeling. i get so sick of hearing it to...how can 1 say it is selfish unless they have felt that persons exact feelings and thoughts. i feel people should not judge others actions unless they themselves have walked there exact road and thought there exact thoughts which is impossible. it is kind of like "you can not judge it unless you have done it" and there here typing responses so obviously they have not been there (thank goodness). 

Quoting Daveson:

I do know what that is like. And I agree. Unless you have been there there is no way for anyone to know how that feels. tired of people saying its selfish to  kill yourself. Spoken from people who probably never felt like this or thought about it.  Like people are thinking rationally when they are this depressed ?????

mom-2-4boys
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM
This is how I feel also.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been there, but, the one hope that I held onto was God and my kids.

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I don't. Because what you just described was my life as a preteen and teenager. I really never expected my life to get any better.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM
See the difference is that those people are hurting so badly they cannot understand that selfishness. All they know is the pain they feel. The sadness they feel.

My heart aches for them.

Quoting bcoll:

What it boils down to (for me) is that it IS very selfish, but I watched how my uncles suicide affected everyone he knew especially my aunt and cousins.

I also think that when a person is at that point they honestly believe they're doing a favor to people they love deeply. They think those people will be better off, and that "selfish" is not their intent. 

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM

yeah because clearly, someone getting picked on at college-age can't handle it so they off themselves. It's stuff like that that gets to me. You're an adult, act like it. What's sad is when kids need help and their parents don't see it. I feel for those kids, not adults who know there's help if/when they need it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am glad to see you had the ability to over come those things in your life...that was your strength though and your mind set  not everyone has the same strength and the same mind set as you did/do. your bottom may not have been as bad as others bottoms. you were able to push through and that is wonderful but others brains and ability works differently than yours. you can see your situation however you want as it is yours but how can you judge others....unless you have walked there road and spent a day in there head you really have no place.

Quoting EvilAsh:

I know what it feels like to nearly die when I was taking things for granted. I never will take things for granted again. I know what it's like to lose loved ones, it hurts enough. I will judge those that take their own lives. It's a coward's way out.  I've been down to the bottom before, haven't had the best life, but I pull myself up even when i'm down the most. Makes no sense how anyone, especially with kids, can take their own lives. Only thinking of themselves.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)