Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

brilliant husband??

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:35 AM
  • 142 Replies
last night i was awakend to a nasty smell i the house, i walked down stairs and see my dh in the kitchen, i asked him what that horrid smell is and said idk so i go sit in the living room and he comes out eating a bowl of mac n cheese, i asked him again and he said its fine its just burnt plastic, i asked him what was it and again he said idk, i then said, well if you dont know what it is how do know if its still on fire or not... he then told me it was a pot, stunned i said a pot?? he said ya i was heating up the mac n cheese n the handle melted.... WHAT!!!! yep thats right he put a metal pot in the microwave!!!!! i am stunned at his lack of common sense!!

has anyone elses dh done anything like this or something that made you scratch your head and say wtf!!??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reality_check
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:53 AM
wow.. what a dumbass lol no offense. doesnt he know metal in the microwave can blow up!?
Kool_Aide
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Doesn't seem very bright
emandab
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:57 AM
5 moms liked this

I love how nothing about that seemed out of the ordinary for him! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM

My DH once made the washer smoke because he overloaded it so much it couldn't agitate.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:59 AM

my husband no ...but my sister did start a mini fire in the micorwave trying to make oatmeal once as a kid....she didnt put the water/milk in the bowl with the oatmeal 

BE BOLD check your husbands balls, early detection is the key to saving a life 

NEED TO KNOW FACTS: TESTICULAR CANCER
✔ One man is diagnosed every hour
✔ One man dies everyday
✔ Can strike at any age, however, most common in the 15-35 age range
✔ Number one killing cancer of young men
✔ MOST CURABLE CANCER, When Caught Early!

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

wow just wow :( I am sorry mama... you will probably need a new pot and a new microwave now. 

lovelychaos13
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:05 AM

that gave me a chuckle. and reminds me of things my dh has asked me. he can cook several dishes and meals things similar to mine, such as spaghetii. well you would think cooking prettymuch any pasta noodle dish is  about the same. he asked me  a few times how to cook egg noodles, rotini,ziti noodles ect i said you cook the meat in the pan, you boil water put the noodles in , drain the water out when they get tender, then pour the sauce and meat in it and stir...... he got a bit  angry because he felt i was being a little condesending. he somehow also sees my are you kidding me? brain hurting from this  facial expression as just only disgust. .i correct him but yeah there are times where im like  are you kidding me? read the recipie!!!

shell3m
by Shell on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM

omg!!  HAHHAHA!!!  everyone knows not to put metal in a microwave...wow...LOL!  and yes, my man will things on our coffee table...it drives me nuts!!  how hard is it to just walk over 2 feet and put the things away??  lol  I leave it there and then tell him about it when he comes home from work..lol  :)

CafeMom Tickers
l.e.v
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Quoting Reality_check:

wow.. what a dumbass lol no offense. doesnt he know metal in the microwave can blow up!?

None taken, idk if he was sleep walking/eating again or if he was genuinely being a dumbass but I am still soon mad! 

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Holy crap! Lmao, I thought that was something one learned when little.
Haha, my 11 year olds know.

That would be fun harassing him about it :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN