Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A law I actually agree with!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Here in Connecticut they are trying to pass a law that makes it illegal to smoke cigarettes in a car with children in car seats. Sorry I don't have a link though. I really hope it goes through. It's about time!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's a great idea - and I'm a smoker. I don't smoke in my car (even when the kids aren't with me) and I never smoke in the house, even in these BRUTAL winters.

SunshineBird
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:51 AM

As a smoker I would support this law 100% in my state. 

Quoting KerryK:

In California it is illegal to smoke with anyone under 16 in the car.

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I don't think that people should smoke in the car with kids at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
What about the child's right to not have long cancer or lung disease or asthma or other breathing problems because of second hand smoke?

Quoting Anonymous:

While I agree it is bad to smoke in the car with children; I have to disagree with this law.  It is once again infringing on our rights to "choose".  Here in Oklahoma they are trying to take our choice away for smoking in public places, such as bars, parks, ect.  I do not smoke, however when I take my children to the park they do not just randomly go up to people who are smoking and stay near them..............

Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:53 AM
It will followed just as much as texting & driving laws..
KerryK
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I an also a smoker and I think it should be the law everywhere. Sad that its not common sense though.

Quoting SunshineBird:

As a smoker I would support this law 100% in my state. 

Quoting KerryK:

In California it is illegal to smoke with anyone under 16 in the car.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM

It's been a law in quite a few places... Just like no texting and drivng.. Good luck actually enforcing it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeahhhhh, you sound like someone that probably shouldn't have reproduced.

Quoting Anonymous:

My Mom smoked in the car with us, she also smoked with both her pregnancies.  We were not low birthweight at all.  We do not have breathing issues, ect.  It was my Mom's choice to have us and it was her choice to smoke around us and in the car.  It was my choice to not smoke.  My children can make that choice for themselves.  Everyone makes unhealthy choices daily.  Such as junk food, ect.  Should be rid our houses of junk food if we have children?  Remember there is an epidemic of child obesity............

Quoting Anonymous:

And children should have the right to a healthy life! In a perfect world parents would be smart enough to choose their children's health over their own stupidity... But they don't!

Quoting Anonymous:

While I agree it is bad to smoke in the car with children; I have to disagree with this law.  It is once again infringing on our rights to "choose".  Here in Oklahoma they are trying to take our choice away for smoking in public places, such as bars, parks, ect.  I do not smoke, however when I take my children to the park they do not just randomly go up to people who are smoking and stay near them..............

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM
You are one of the lucky ones to not have any issues from it

Quoting Anonymous:

My Mom smoked in the car with us, she also smoked with both her pregnancies.  We were not low birthweight at all.  We do not have breathing issues, ect.  It was my Mom's choice to have us and it was her choice to smoke around us and in the car.  It was my choice to not smoke.  My children can make that choice for themselves.  Everyone makes unhealthy choices daily.  Such as junk food, ect.  Should be rid our houses of junk food if we have children?  Remember there is an epidemic of child obesity............

Quoting Anonymous:

And children should have the right to a healthy life! In a perfect world parents would be smart enough to choose their children's health over their own stupidity... But they don't!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I have none of those diseases.  If I were to get one of those I would not blame my Mom at all.  There is so much shit in the air already.  For crying out loud you can get Cancer from eating hot dogs.  

Quoting Anonymous:

What about the child's right to not have long cancer or lung disease or asthma or other breathing problems because of second hand smoke?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN