Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A law I actually agree with!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Here in Connecticut they are trying to pass a law that makes it illegal to smoke cigarettes in a car with children in car seats. Sorry I don't have a link though. I really hope it goes through. It's about time!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (251-260):
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM
As a smoker I agree.
I'd never smoke in the car or house, regardless of wether there are kids or not.
It's disgusting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM

There's actually pleanty of smokers that replied to this post and agree with it. 

Quoting debramommyof4:

I agree with that law but there is no way people who smoke will.

Love060708kids
by Amanda on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Good point.

Quoting mary841108:

why just kids in car seats? LOL why not kids under 18?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM
In Ca it's illegal to smoke with a child under 16

Quoting mary841108:

why just kids in car seats? LOL why not kids under 18?

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Lol. Yeah, that's exactly the same.....

*side-eye*

Quoting HippiePotPie279:

oh...and what kind of weirdo misspells their own screen name? 

Quoting ElitestJen:

Ummm....you want to control what people do in their homes? What kinda weirdo are you?

Quoting HippiePotPie279:

that should be a law everywhere!!!!!!! as well as illegal to smoke in your house when there are young children.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
softkitty42
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM

while i understand that this COULD be a good law, i think its going to end up doing much more damage than good.

and before anyone jumps down my throat, i dont smoke

whats going to happen if they do see a parent smoking in the car? Fine them? Take there children away? Force them into parenting classes? Send them to jail for thirty days? Take them out back and have the whole town beat them with a few sticks?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM
My kid my car my choice
Jujubee12
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I think its a good idea. I used to smoke but even when I smoked like 2 packs a day I wouldnt smoke around children even if I was outside in public, Id move. Its not fair to do that to them and in close quarters like that in an enclosed place its as if they were smoking.

le.sigh.333
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

good. people who smoke are fucking disgusting, and i don't want to get into parents who smoke around their kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM
OK is usually behind on these things. Lol, it's been the law here about the same.

Quoting peaches_04:

They passed that here in mn about a decade ago

Quoting Anonymous:

While I agree it is bad to smoke in the car with children; I have to disagree with this law.  It is once again infringing on our rights to "choose".  Here in Oklahoma they are trying to take our choice away for smoking in public places, such as bars, parks, ect.  I do not smoke, however when I take my children to the park they do not just randomly go up to people who are smoking and stay near them..............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured