Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A law I actually agree with!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Here in Connecticut they are trying to pass a law that makes it illegal to smoke cigarettes in a car with children in car seats. Sorry I don't have a link though. I really hope it goes through. It's about time!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
shylynn22
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Yes and my dh was born with a bad heart and had heart surgery as a child, has had heart attacks, and might need another surgery. He is only 24. Not to mention that he could die at any time.

It does hurt babies. Maybe not all, but who would take that chance?

I do blame his mom. And do not think very well of her.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have none of those diseases.  If I were to get one of those I would not blame my Mom at all.  There is so much shit in the air already.  For crying out loud you can get Cancer from eating hot dogs.  

Quoting Anonymous:

What about the child's right to not have long cancer or lung disease or asthma or other breathing problems because of second hand smoke?

Quoting Anonymous:

While I agree it is bad to smoke in the car with children; I have to disagree with this law.  It is once again infringing on our rights to "choose".  Here in Oklahoma they are trying to take our choice away for smoking in public places, such as bars, parks, ect.  I do not smoke, however when I take my children to the park they do not just randomly go up to people who are smoking and stay near them..............

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:01 AM

This sounds like a commercial. lol

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Do you typically not agree with laws?  Do you worry about people smoking in the car with their kids, but not worry about murder, rape and other mayhem?

Momma_Squirrel
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
4 moms liked this
This. I am so glad I dont live in a nanny state. Its bad enough the city over is going down that same controlling idealistic path but dang. As if there arent more important issues at hand than some lawmaker trying to interfere with my choices as a mom? Good or bad-they should still be ours to make.

Quoting ElitestJen:

YAY for controlling people!  Don't we know that parents are too stupid the do the right thing?  We need LAWS to tell them what to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Hey, I just wanted to say that you look really nice in your profile pic. Is that a new hat?

Quoting ElitestJen:

YAY for controlling people!  Don't we know that parents are too stupid the do the right thing?  We need LAWS to tell them what to do.

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Hey, I just wanted to say that you look really nice in your profile pic. Is that a new hat?

Quoting ElitestJen:

Sure is.  Hey, do you think I can wear it with my kids in the car or should someone propose a law banning it?

shylynn22
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM
They said it was because she did not take care of herself during his pregnancy. And her dh did not care to tell her to change. She has 5 other boys that are perfectly fine, because she only decided to uck up his life with her bad choices. (she has another one that died shortly after birth and I think she learned, but she should have learned with dh not wait till one dies to change. My dh almost died at birth, but was lucky he didn't, but still had to live with the consequences of her bad mom choices)

Quoting Anonymous:

He could just have heart issues (which I am sorry to hear) Just because his Mother smoked does not necessarly mean the two are related. They may be or they may not be, children are born to parents who have never done anything smoke, drink, ect.  Those children sometimes get Cancer at a young age. 

Quoting shylynn22:

Yes and mydh was born with a bad heart and had heart surgery as a child, has had heart attacks, and might need another surgery. He is only 24. Not to mention that he could die at any time.

It does hurt babies. Maybe not all, but who would take that chance?

Quoting Anonymous:

My Mom smoked in the car with us, she also smoked with both her pregnancies.  We were not low birthweight at all.  We do not have breathing issues, ect.  It was my Mom's choice to have us and it was her choice to smoke around us and in the car.  It was my choice to not smoke.  My children can make that choice for themselves.  Everyone makes unhealthy choices daily.  Such as junk food, ect.  Should be rid our houses of junk food if we have children?  Remember there is an epidemic of child obesity............

Quoting Anonymous:

And children should have the right to a healthy life! In a perfect world parents would be smart enough to choose their children's health over their own stupidity... But they don't!

Quoting Anonymous:

While I agree it is bad to smoke in the car with children; I have to disagree with this law.  It is once again infringing on our rights to "choose".  Here in Oklahoma they are trying to take our choice away for smoking in public places, such as bars, parks, ect.  I do not smoke, however when I take my children to the park they do not just randomly go up to people who are smoking and stay near them..............

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM
FAIL ;)

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Sure is.  Hey, do you think I can wear it with my kids in the car or should someone propose a law banning it?

SunshineBird
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember my dad smoking in the car with us when we were young and I craved the smell. I think it contributed to my choice to smoke. I won't increase the chances of it effecting my kids' choice if they decide to smoke. Some parents are too selfish to make a better choice for their children and I think the laws are in place to help with that. They are for the children.

Quoting Anonymous:

My Mom smoked in the car with us, she also smoked with both her pregnancies.  We were not low birthweight at all.  We do not have breathing issues, ect.  It was my Mom's choice to have us and it was her choice to smoke around us and in the car.  It was my choice to not smoke.  My children can make that choice for themselves.  Everyone makes unhealthy choices daily.  Such as junk food, ect.  Should be rid our houses of junk food if we have children?  Remember there is an epidemic of child obesity............

Quoting Anonymous:

And children should have the right to a healthy life! In a perfect world parents would be smart enough to choose their children's health over their own stupidity... But they don't!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM
3 moms liked this
Dont forget cell phones can give you cancer and cause fertility issues and so on. I am not for the government running my life. While i do not believe people should smoke around kids i also think these laws are a huge waste of money. Why doesnt the government start fining people for what they feed there kids child obesity is a bigger problem then side effects kids have from second hand smoke. People sgould be able to make there own choices perhaps if we raised our kids better and taught them some common sense the government wouldnt need to keep intervening and making laws over all these things we can choose for ourselves. Soon people might as well never get out of bed because everything will be illegal

Quoting Anonymous:

I have none of those diseases.  If I were to get one of those I would not blame my Mom at all.  There is so much shit in the air already.  For crying out loud you can get Cancer from eating hot dogs.  

Quoting Anonymous:

What about the child's right to not have long cancer or lung disease or asthma or other breathing problems because of second hand smoke?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I think it should be like that in EVERY state including pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)