Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A law I actually agree with!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Here in Connecticut they are trying to pass a law that makes it illegal to smoke cigarettes in a car with children in car seats. Sorry I don't have a link though. I really hope it goes through. It's about time!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (51-60):
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

FAIL ;)

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Hey, I just wanted to say that you look really nice in your profile pic. Is that a new hat?

Quoting ElitestJen:

YAY for controlling people!  Don't we know that parents are too stupid the do the right thing?  We need LAWS to tell them what to do.

Sure is.  Hey, do you think I can wear it with my kids in the car or should someone propose a law banning it?

Yes, you did.  Oh well, there's still plenty of time left today to control people.  I'm sure you'll figure it out.

SunshineBird
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Our choice to make but if the choice effects the child it is theirs to deal with the rest of their lives. Asthma and other lung diseases can and will happen. 

Quoting Momma_Squirrel:

This. I am so glad I dont live in a nanny state. Its bad enough the city over is going down that same controlling idealistic path but dang. As if there arent more important issues at hand than some lawmaker trying to interfere with my choices as a mom? Good or bad-they should still be ours to make.

Quoting ElitestJen:

YAY for controlling people!  Don't we know that parents are too stupid the do the right thing?  We need LAWS to tell them what to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM
3 moms liked this
Dumb. The government needs to quit making laws to save people from themselves..
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
You are not allowed to abuse your children. In any way. That's already law. Smoking in the car with them is harmful, and you should not be given the choice to do that either. Someone has to stand up for our children. If you don't smoke, you have nothing to worry about.

Quoting Momma_Squirrel:

This. I am so glad I dont live in a nanny state. Its bad enough the city over is going down that same controlling idealistic path but dang. As if there arent more important issues at hand than some lawmaker trying to interfere with my choices as a mom? Good or bad-they should still be ours to make.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
LOL coming from YOU. You may be against the government controlling people, but you're sure good at trying to control people with your attitude. Hypocrisy at it's finest!

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

FAIL ;)

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Hey, I just wanted to say that you look really nice in your profile pic. Is that a new hat?

Quoting ElitestJen:

Sure is.  Hey, do you think I can wear it with my kids in the car or should someone propose a law banning it?

Yes, you did.  Oh well, there's still plenty of time left today to control people.  I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM

They have already passed a law like that here except it is a child under the age of 12.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Its not saving people from THEMSELVES....Its saving CHILDREN from the repercussions of their selfish parents.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dumb. The government needs to quit making laws to save people from themselves..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taramac
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I wish they would do that here in KY.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mybabiesmom1
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM

here is cali it is illegal to smoke within i believe 500 ft of any child area like playground, school and you can't smoke in your car if there are kids in side car seats are not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)