Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A law I actually agree with!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Here in Connecticut they are trying to pass a law that makes it illegal to smoke cigarettes in a car with children in car seats. Sorry I don't have a link though. I really hope it goes through. It's about time!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (61-70):
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL coming from YOU. You may be against the government controlling people, but you're sure good at trying to control people with your attitude. Hypocrisy at it's finest!

I control people with my attitude?!  How is that even possible? 

LOL  I have an all-powerful attitude that controls people!!  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM
3 moms liked this
Are they going to make it against the law to bring anyone under 6 to McDonalds
? To allow your children to have pop? How about eating junk food in your own home? Sure not smoking with children in the car is common sense but where does this stop??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

They are going crazy with these laws. What's next illegal to smoke in your own home? Illegal to smoke in the backyard?

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Love!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I think they need to stop telling everyone what we can and can't in our own homes or vehicles..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
How about making it illegal for a child nor to wear sunscreen? (skin cancer)
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Here in Maine we have a similar law -- you can't smoke in a car with kids 12 and under.  I am not sure how much it helps, as I still often see it, and it makes me so angry to see...

shylynn22
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, its horrible to try to protect a child from their ignorant our indifferent parents. As long as it good for them who cares if it hurts the baby? Health of children is so inconvenient.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are going crazy with these laws. What's next illegal to smoke in your own home? Illegal to smoke in the backyard?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Once again where does this stop? Childhood obesity is just as harmful. What laws are they going to pass protecting children from their parents poor diet habits?

Quoting shylynn22:

Yes, its horrible to try to protect a child from their ignorant our indifferent parents. As long as it good for them who cares if it hurts the baby? Health of children is so inconvenient.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Yea so they say. If second hand smoke was as bad as they make it out to be, our population wouwould be missing a large chunk considering how many people smoked around their kids from the 20s until the 70s lol. Its just one more step towards banning cigarrettes altogether.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Its not saving people from THEMSELVES....Its saving CHILDREN from the repercussions of their selfish parents.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dumb. The government needs to quit making laws to save people from themselves..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN